Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Load Manager: MTOW = Full Fuel + Cargo

Hello PMDG and fellow Captains...The title of this post indicates the issue I'd like to discuss concerning the MD-11F: in order to achieve MTOW, the load manager, in it's present form, does not allow the max capacity for cargo weight to be achieved. From my testing, max cargo weight has been limited so that a full tank of fuel can always be loaded. My post is a request to remove this restriction such that a full load of pallets/containers can be loaded so as to achieve max cargo weight. In such cases it would not be possible to fully fuel the aircraft. I'd like to have this option.Thank you for considering this request,

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

With full cargo for me I can only add 209,000 lbs of fuel instead of 258,xxx so it works as designed for me.

Deleted after re-reading the OP.

I second this request - further morethe load mgr should be changed as follows:free entering of different max values since there are many versions around...max load for LCAG is 85290 kgs with a BOW/DOW of 114710 kgs - max ZFW : 200000 kgssource: RW flight plan!With the present load mgr I cannot fill her up...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed TODAY - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi,I may not have made myself clear enough.From what I read, the cargo capacity across all pallets should be 200,151 lbs. and if I select "Full Cargo" in the PMDG MD-11 Series Load Manager, the max Cargo weight is listed as 170,000 lbs. I also read that a fully-loaded MD-11F should be limited in range (due to the inability to load the fuel tanks up to full) to 3,950 nm. Since we can always load full fuel tanks, and because we are not able (at present) to load up to the max cargo, this range restriction is never seen.Perhaps the request I am making in this thread and [a href=http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=157196&mesg_id=157196&listing_type=search]this one[/a] are quibbles, but it doesn't hurt to ask.Thank you,

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Jeff,The current logic of the Load Manages is this:For the passenger configurations the maximum main deck payload depends on number of passenger seats, so it is different for each configuration. For the lower deck and the main deck of the cargo configuration, each box you click adds a predefined weight depending on whether it is a pallete, a container or bulk box. This means that you can't reach the max ZFW for all configurations: for example a full "mixed class" configuration will always result in less ZFW than a full "hi-density" configuration. Even so, you could have one configuration that reaches the max ZFW and the rest would be less than max ZFW, but this does not happen since we have allowed for a margin. In any case, after selection of the payload, the fuel you can load from the Load Manager is limited to the max TOGW (slider range). I understand your logic, and in reality the cargo load boxes you see do not all have the same weight as their weight depends on what is inside them.What we can do is define a container/pallete unit weight that depends on the configuration so that "full" loading will result in the max ZFW for every configuration. This can be done, before the next update, with some entries in the load manager configuration .ini files. So, let me look at it and I think we can provide alternate .ini files (available for download from the PMDG website) that will work this way. Karl,The DOW is not airline dependent but actually different for every single individual aircraft, even within the same airline fleet. We have provided different DOWs for the freighter and pax versions, but obviouly there is no point to do that for every livery.The max ZFW the Load Manager uses is the value above which the MCDU will produce an OUT OF RANGE message, when you make a ZFW entry in the WEIGHT-INIT page.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

That sounds really great Michael, I appreciate you giving the suggestion some consideration. It seems that you do understand the issue as I've described it. Such an amazing aircraft!

Jeff Bea