Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

HELP shut up the AUTOPILOT lady

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I just purchased and was taking a quick flight and when i disconnect autopilot the lay wont shut up telling me auto pilot.

Guest Jake Lee

How are the framerates for the MD-11 and 744X?:D- Jake

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

WellI just took my first flight tonite, The 747 @ KBOS is about 10fps and the MD-11 is about 12-13fps so It is better then the 747 and also seems alot smoother. BUT I CANT SHUT UP THE AUTOPILOT WARNING LADY even after landing and shutting down engines.

>Well>>I just took my first flight tonite, The 747 @ KBOS is about>10fps and the MD-11 is about 12-13fps so It is better then the>747 and also seems alot smoother. BUT I CANT SHUT UP THE>AUTOPILOT WARNING LADY even after landing and shutting down>engines.>>>Press the AP disconnect button a second time to silence the warning.Paul

Guest Jake Lee

>Well>>I just took my first flight tonite, The 747 @ KBOS is about>10fps and the MD-11 is about 12-13fps so It is better then the>747 and also seems alot smoother. BUT I CANT SHUT UP THE>AUTOPILOT WARNING LADY even after landing and shutting down>engines.>> You need to press the AP disconnect button twice to get her to shut up. What are the frames locked at?- Jakep.s. - oops, see that Paul already mentioned the AP disconnect button.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Thanks Paul & JakeLocked at 23

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

WellMade second flight, sorta getting used to the complicated/automated systems. I will try the PRESS DISCOUNNECT TWICE idea soon when on final appr. BTW Nice plane, Much better then the 744. Might be better then Lvld767 (hmmm?)

Guest Jake Lee

Is it sluggish at all?

Guest PPSFA

If you are flying the ILS there is no need to disconnect the AP, she will fly ya down, flare, and stop ya if you are set up correctly. Actually, after gear up it's kinda boring now, too much like a Scarebus LOLJayXPPro SP2FSX SP2AMD64 FX-60 Dual Core 2.61 GHz8800GTS-640 megs2 Gigs Kingston RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com

> Actually, after gear up it's kinda boring now, too much like a > Scarebus LOLI know what you mean, but have you tried the "advanced" technique for flaring the aeroplane? Not just flaring at the right height, but actually beginning to pitch the nose DOWN just before touchdown? Quite fun, especially with a bit of crosswind going on.Tim

2nd press of the discon switch doesn't stop the warnings.2nd press puts it back in the up position, but she keeps yapping.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest jibbyq

"2nd press puts it back in the up position"It sounds like you disconnecting the autopilot using the "AFS OVRD OFF" switches? If so this is incorrect.You should assign a key press to the "Disengage AP(Yoke)" command in the AFS tab of the PMDG Keyboard Assignments window. Then the first press of this key will disengage the AP and a second press will "shut up" the autopilot lady and associated aural alarm :( Hope this helps,Jibran