Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MD11 "Step Climbs" reloaded

Guest Susan27

Hi,after some flying with the brilliant MD11 I would like to "use" the step climb feature of the FMS. Therefore I read Harrys advices (thanks!) in the other thread entering diffenerent SC FL 330, 350, 370...and setting FL 370 in the FSP box.My question now: After taking off & engaging Auto Flight & Prof mode brings me direct to the first FL (330 in the example above), correct? If so what do I have to do that the FMS performs the next SC and climbs to the next FL (350)...?Thanks very much! :)KR

Guest Shaun48113

Select the next altitude on the glareshield before the S/C waypoint is sequenced. As long as you have the correct altitude selected for the step climb, and are in PROF, the jet will start the step climb when the S/C waypoint is sequenced.-Shaun

Guest Susan27

Hi Shaun,yes thats my problem: I am still unable to define a S/C waypoint. Where at the MCDU (page) can I do this definition waypoint/alt...?

The init page, enter more than one cruise altitude separated by "/"

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Susan27

I am very sorry for being unclear... :)I entered the different SCs right from the beginning...thats not the problem. What I mean is this (hope I can express myself):At the bottom you can see the routing. I am flying HDG 90