Sign in to follow this  
Guest agent4506

PMDG 747X engine sound problem- roaring at idle

Guest agent4506

After I take off the wonderful sounds of the aircraft come alive. Problem is when i throttle back a roaring engine sound file will not stop, even after I touch down, thrust to idle or even cut the engines completely.I am running Vista 64. Everything else seems to work just fine.Andy

Sorry for no resolution to the topic but rather saying that I often have a similar issue where I am "Completely" cold and dark (no ext pwr and no packs on, apu etc...) at the gate and have phantom sounds. Example: Using outside views around engines with no other aircraft or ground craft around I have engine sound. After I restart FSX this stops.Dan

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest mcalpinep

Just to add to this, I've also had the same problem which is resolved the same way as Dan, restarting FSX. Not ideal but I've not found anything else that works.Phil.

Guest agent4506

Thank you very much. And thank you for such an outstanding product. I'll be purchasing the MD-11 soon as well. Hey, you guys wouldnt be interested in a 777 product?:)Thanks again,Andy>Hi all,>>This is a known issue with certain types of soundcards - the>easiest solution is to reset the FS and PMDG sounds by double>pressing the "Q" key when this happens.>>>Armen L Cholakian>>http://www.veryquiet.com/pics/sig_PMDG_MD11_DevTeam.jpg