Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest hangar744

FS9 744 Aileron Trim

Guest hangar744

Hi,I don't seem to get any feedback of the aileron trim position.1. How do I know about my new null point?2. How do I center it?Any help would be appreciated. I'm grounded due to some unknown aileron trim position. sincerely,delcom

Guest hangar744

Good day everybody,I still could not figure out my aileron trim position. Is it somewhere 1 unit left wing down, perhaps 5 units right wing down...I just can't tell.I should be able to apply full left wing down in about 8 seconds causing the aileron control wheel to rotate about 45 deg CCW. So far nothing happened. Am I missing something?So how do you guys deal with the trim checks before take off?regards,delcom

Hi Delcom!Before take off, during taxi, always control and check your trim using EICAS then STAT and move your yoke in all direction.(I guess you have done the right trim for the STABTRIM after your payload and fuel)If someting wrong....don

Leif A Mikkelsen

Guest hangar744

Thanks for your reply Leffe,***Before take off, during taxi, always control and check your trim***This is my problem at the first place...I can't check my aileron trim position. Nothing happens to my aileron control wheels (in VC) nor to the four aileron surface position indicators.So Leffe, how did you set and/or check your aileron trim setting last time you taxied out?regards,delcom

As in the first pics.(the Com panel) Zero all the knobs.Check then when taxi (pics 2), by moving your yoke and center then the figure by using your STAT on the EICAS panel.It should centered if you have your yoke as normal, after trying it.If not, then maybe you have to go to step 1 once again.Important is that your yoke is also right calibrated in the first place./ Leffe http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Leif A Mikkelsen

Guest hangar744

Thanks Leffe,let me put it a different way. I'm only talking about aileron trim. To clarify this issue I'd like you to try something for me. Can you set let's say 1 unit left wing down? So trims only.Stabilizer trim: While adjusting I can see the tape running in the stab trim position indicator. So I see it in action and also can see where the stab trim actually is. No rocket science here.The same applies to the rudder trim: When I turn the knob, the tape with the pointer moves in the respective direction in the rudder trim indicator. Straight forward. So in both cases I made a trim input and I received a positive indication about my action.But here comes the problematic part. I click and hold one of the aileron trim switches. I can see both the aileron trim arming switch and the aileron control switch moving. This simultaneous animation is obviously done since we only have one mouse pointer. At this point both aileron control wheels should have moved. Nothing happens in my VC.And yes I have 28V DC BUS 2 powered, so the aileron trim actuator should operate. regards,delcom

Guest hangar744

So how do I center my aileron trim?delcom

Aileron trim should be centered already. Just hover the mouse over it and you'll get a mini window that pops up indicating what the aileron trim is set to. For Takeoff, I imagine he meant check that the stab trim (stabilizers) is set to TO trim. Rudder and Aileron trim should be set to 0. Bring up the Lower EICAS status Synoptic page and run through the Aileron and Elevator controls with the control column. Check the Rudder alignment with the Pedals.

Kevin Hester,

Indianapolis, Indiana

Guest hangar744
Just hover the mouse over it and you'll get a mini window that pops up indicating what the aileron trim is set to.
Thanks a lot, never thought of this.For this I had to enable Cockpit ToolTips, and get to the 2D cockpit. I'm happy that these labels only show up in the 2D cockpit only which I don't use at all. Now I can see my aileron trim settings expressed in PMDG units. From -10 (left wing down) all the way up to +10 (right wing down). Should be around 6 units only. At least now I have some kind of feedback of my aileron trim. I was expecting the aileron trim actuator moving the entire lateral control system and getting the feedback from the EICAS (plus from the sticker on the top of the aileron control wheel). Let's hope one day we'll have such function as well.For me it's the second reason to get in the 2D cockpit. First is the fuel jettison system, which does not seem to work from the VC.sincerely,delcom

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now