Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Where do we find the UFOB number ?

Guest cliffie1931

1. Page 7 of the MD-11 tutorial requires entry on the WEIGHT INIT Page of the UFOB number on line 1R.Where is that number to be found please?2.Incidentally where is the small dash needed to enter the temperature as the example in the tutorial of "-56/TO22"?I cannot see that dash amongst the available keys and consequently I continue to receive a message reading "Format error" when I try to load the temperature without the dash.Cliff

>1. Page 7 of the MD-11 tutorial requires entry on the WEIGHT>INIT Page of the UFOB number on line 1R.>>Where is that number to be found please?That's the fuel you have on board>2.Incidentally where is the small dash needed to enter the>temperature as the example in the tutorial of "-56/TO22"?>At the bottom left of the MCDU keyboard, below the digit 7.

Guest cliffie1931

You've lifted the roadblock so I can now move on in the tutorial.Thanks pal.Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

Sorry airman, we're not there yet. The key on the MCDU keyboard under the number 7 is a slash rather than a horizontal line. The actual entry is shown as shown as a "-" rather than "/".On page 5 of the tutorial it's noted that "If you wish to use your PC's keyboard instead of the virtual MCDU keypad the PMSG MD-11 introduction on page 46 will show you how"However page 46 makes no mention of how to use the PC keyboard so I'm still at the roadblock unable to access the horizontal "-"Cliff

Guest KHAOS

To use the keyboard in the MCDU, click the letters that say "KBD" vertically to the left of the #4 on the keypad. It'll turn orange when it's on.

Guest cliffie1931

That's what I wanted to know.Thanks Casey.Cliff

Guest KHAOS

No prob, Cliff. Oh, also if you're still hunting for it, the "-" is to the right of the Z key.

Guest cliffie1931

This is most peculiar.I've tried "-56/TO22"I've tried "56/TO22"And I've tried those entries using my PC keyboard as well as the MCDU keyboard.Yet I continue to receive the message "Format Error"The only difference to the entry in the tutorial is the small circle after the number 56 presumably meaning "56 degrees". If it's that degree sign that's indeed required then where is it on the keyboard please?Cliff

Make sure those are zeros and not O's after the T. It stands for Tail zero two two.KyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 300 GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor (FSX), WD 150 GB 1000 rpm Raptor (FS9), Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB (OS/Apps), Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64WideClient1: An old P4 with 1 GB ramWideClient2: Compaq Presario Laptophttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest cliffie1931

Bingo! Thanks Kyle...............Cliff