Sign in to follow this  
Guest 91101

Low, Oil Pressure

Guest 91101

Everytime I load the MD-11, the display unit shows "Oil Pres Lo" right off the bat for all engines. I understand that this is a complex simulation/airliner, even though many of the systems are automated; however, I failed to find anything that I am doing wrong through the checklists. Even if i start under one of the default "long/short ground turn" PMDG panel states and follow the procedures, after I attempt to start the engines, I still get this warning, and the engines are not running properly. In addition, I realize there are many postings on this forum everyday, and that it is difficult to answer all questions. Thus, it is important that the person seeking such questions search the forum first. I have done so, and have been unsuccessful. Thanks for reading.-Brandon

Brandon,Is this happening with GE or PW engines? What is the position of the fuel switches on the pedestal when you get this message with engines off? If they are on, turning them off should clear the message. Does the message remain even after you start the engines? What do you mean when you say that "engines are not running properly"?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest 91101

Both PW or GE engines. I could have started all the engines and they will all cuttoff. But one thing that is weird is that sometimes when it does this they will cut off and on; the engine display readings will also flicker back and forth, almost like a frozen computer. In addition, when this happens, packs 1, 2, 3 as well as 1-2 Isol and 1-3 Isol will flash off and on, as seen on the overhead as it does this. I can turn all the fuel switches off and restart all three engines again, but I still get the low oil pressure alert, Hyd Pump Tst Fail alert, or both, too.Since last posting this thread in regards to this problem, the issue had not occurred again. Now for some reason the issue is happening again.BrandonCore 2 Quad Q9550; Vista 64-bit; 6 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT; FSX SP2

Guest 91101

Another thing weird is that sometimes it does this after switching between exterior views, for example. I could switch from spot, or fixed spot exterior aircraft views, but after I move back over to the 2D panel by clicking on the menu, I can hear the engine sounds fluctuating. This is another time when I could get low oil pressure alerts for one or more engines; they eventually shuttoff. In addition, just a few times I have noticed the virtual 3D cockpit view was unclickable (clickable view was set)... Don't know if related. Also (to edit what I was saying in my LAST reply), packs 1, 2, 3 as well as 1-2 Isol and 1-3 Isol button lights will "flicker" off and on (not flash), as seen on the overhead.Another issue I was having (avoiding multiple threads) includes at night... There is no lighting coming through the passenger windows. Any ideas with this issue as well?Thanks for reading.Brandon Core 2 Quad Q9550; Vista 64-bit; 6 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT; FSX SP2

Guest kvanhees

Hi Brandon,My system is very similar to yours, I have the same processor and graphic card 4GB RAM and Vista 32-bit.I had a similar incident on the GE engined variant although the conditions where different.A few days ago I was on approach into Montreal and at about 12000ft, all 3 engines suddenly stalled, low oil pressure warning.All the anti-ice was one since the TAT was -18, and 3 bleed fault level 1 warnings came up on the EAD due to the N1 being to low.I checked the systems manual and FCOM for anything about this, and even in real world experience I have never heard of an engine stall due to the anti-ice, unless off course the blades froze all at the same time.It's a mystery what happened, all I can tell is that the MD-11 went down like a rock,plenty of fuel left, no restart was positive, no hydraulics, even the elevator trim was innefective. I should be DEAD now!I had the problem with the clickable area's as well in the VC,I have updated the graphic drivers from Nvidia and so far I have not seen this problem. Also the issue's with the lights not appearing in the DX10 preview is slightly better, alhough still a problem.The passenger window lights,there is a button that you can assign in the PMDG menu to do that,alternatively if you click L and then switch off the lights you don't need will switch them on as well.Best regards,Karel

Guest 91101

>I had the problem with the clickable area's as well in the>VC,>I have updated the graphic drivers from Nvidia and so far I>have not seen this problem. Also the issue's with the lights>not appearing in the DX10 preview is slightly better, alhough>still a problem.Karel,Thanks for the reply. Actually, I just updated my NVIDIA graphics driver last night and today the VC was clickable. However, I am still curious as to why it worked before in the past without the update. Hopefully, someone at PMDG has a clue to the other issues.BrandonCore 2 Quad Q9550; Vista 64-bit; 6 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT; FSX SP2

So Brandon, please confirm that updating your video card drivers stop the engine problems? Im planning to buy that card and would like to know

Guest 91101

>So Brandon, please confirm that updating your video card>drivers stop the engine problems? Im planning to buy that card>and would like to knowBryan,No. I had an issue where the VC was not clickable as it had been before. After installing the NVIDIA driver updtate the VC appeared to be clickable again. I believe this was a separate issue.Brandon

Guest 91101

>>Do you happen to have any joystick/yoke axis assigned to fuel>mixture? >Mike,Thank you.I had the mixture assignment deleted in FSX settings for my CH yoke, but just found it assigned again. I stopped having the issue when I deleted the mixture assignment previously, but didn't figure I'd find it assigned again (so I figured this wasn't the issue). I know now that was the problem. I think when I updated FSX to SP2 it may have reset the yoke assignment, or I may have unintentionally.Thanks again for the help.BrandonCore 2 Quad Q9550; Vista 64-bit; 6 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT; FSX SP2