Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

Need help with MD11 issues...

Guest Totalbeginner

Ok, here goes...1) When I execute a G/A and follow the Missed Approach Procedure, the FMC cannot be re-programmed for a second landing. All of the fields on the APPR page are blank and so is the landing weight on the INT page? The FMC basically locks as if the aircraft hasn't yet taken off and I can't do anything..?2) When performing a Flap 35 landing, you can't see over the glareshield to fly a manual approach and landing? This is true even when landing fairly light. This obviously proves the realism of this program as the MD11 does fly the approach at a high nose-up attitude. But does anyone have a work around for the sim?3) When climb thrust is selected after takeoff the a/c fails to pitch forward quickly enough and there is a substantial loss of airspeed, to the point where on occasion the low-speed protectin has cut in.

Guest paulb2008

Hi i cant answer 1 and 3 but if you want your 2d panel to lower so you can see the landing strip just hold ctrl down and then hold down q.Paul.

Guest rellehenk

1) When there is no route anymore after the go around, hit the DIRECT-button and enter a navaid/waypoint in the vicinity or something (doesn't really matter). Lineselect the new waypoint, select an approach via de STAR-menu. In the INIT-page, enter the cruise altitude you are flying at the moment (go around altitude i.e. 030). Now you are ready for a new approach :)

Guest Totalbeginner

Ctrl+Q...? Nope, that doesn't do anything!7Martin

>Ctrl+Q...? Nope, that doesn't do anything!7>Martin,As the introduction tutorial states:You have to hold it for a longer time..... not a single push!You can adapt it to your liking. How about that!Regards,Harry

Martin,3)Question:- Was the AP engaged at a stabilized situation, I mean FD crossed at the aircraft symbol?Or-Do you refer to a situation where your manual input did not generate the expected pitch change?Regards,Harry

Guest Totalbeginner

Doh, the key was in the term HOLD, silly me!Yes, the A/P is engaged and following the FD which is perfectly crossed. I'll try and upload a video of what happens.I've also discovered another problem...I can't program a key for the TOGA switch. I've gone to PMDG - keyboard commands and set a key, but nothing happens when it's pressed. If I press the actual button on the thrust lever it works, but with a key assigned it doesn't. The assignment still shows in the box when I go back, so I know it's been saved. Any ideas?Martin

>Doh, the key was in the term HOLD, silly me!Silly me does not understand HOLD.>Yes, the A/P is engaged and following the FD which is>perfectly crossed. I'll try and upload a video of what>happens.Would explain much more than text only, seeing forward to it.>I've also discovered another problem...>>I can't program a key for the TOGA switch. I've gone to PMDG ->keyboard commands and set a key, but nothing happens when it's>pressed. >>If I press the actual button on the thrust lever it works, but>with a key assigned it doesn't. The assignment still shows in>the box when I go back, so I know it's been saved. Any>ideas?Still wrestling with this myself. Latest info is it's Vista UAC related. Whatever combination I entered to solve this on my Vista system, still no results.Apart from all these minor (will be solved) glitches: It's an outstanding simulation of the real aircraft. That has to be said once more!Regards,Harry