Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Great Movie for the MD11 from ITVV

I don't know how many others like watching aviation movies. Surely I'm not the only one so I thought it would be nice to share this find. I know, like myself, many have already purchased PMDG's MD11 and have been happily sporting it around the globe.I'm finding it to be a very user friendly aircraft and was very pleased when I found that ITVV has a great MD11 DVD available.The movie gives an outstanding overview and great explanation of the major systems on the MD11 and shows normal procedures in the aircraft and a few abnormal procedures that require go-around in the simulator. Both ILS to manual landing and full CATIII B Autoland down to flair and landing procedures are shown.Like the Oasis Training DVD from JustPlanes for the 747-400, this is another DVD that I will be watching over and over again and it is the perfect mate for the PMDG MD11. It is a very good movie. I think you will enjoy it too.http://www.itvv.com/product/MD11/mpmd11dvd.htmlBobhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...g_trijet.jpg:-) :-) http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi Bob:I have had this particular DVD in my library for some time now, and as a training tool for the PMDG MD11 it is very good. As a reference to just how good the MD11 modelling by PMDG is, and in particular Armens sound set, i was watching the DVD the other day and the 'Altitude' alert sounded from B1tch1ng Betty. I actually looked over to my FSX machines monitors to check on why the altitude alert was being called. FSX wasnt running! lolThe only question that i have as a result of watching the video though is the 'Stabiliser Motion' call. I have not yet heard this in my sim, and was wondering what it is that triggers it.CheersPaul

I noticed that also about the stabilizer call. I haven't heard it with the MD11, but I hear it all the time when I am flying my Maddog MD80. Everytime the stabilizer moves more than a certain amount of degrees you will hear the warning and that is usually when you level off after takeoff.Maybe they will add it in a future service pack.Also I noticed that they have the EPR guage on the top of the Engine page of the EICAS (or whatever they are calling it for the MD11). I only have the N1 guage there. (this may be an option for some carriers)Other than just a few little things like that, PMDG's MD11 is absolutely amazing. I am more than pleased with it and, like you, find ITVV's MD11 DVD to be an instructional video of sorts for PMDG's MD11.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest SIMU_3G7

Hello Gentlemen,Thanks for for ITTV link will give it a try,Happy landings & blue SkyiesGilles

Also, in the video I don't hear "Terrain Terrain" quite as often as when I fly the MD11. Wonder why that is... ;)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Was going to post a link to this video for those that just got the FS9 version, but now I see it has already been mentioned! Regardless, I'll endorse it again...this Martinair crew does a great job of explaining their procedures and giving an overview of the systems and how the airplane is flown. With the absence so far of an advanced tutorial for the PMDG MD-11, I highly recommend watching this. It'll give you a great idea of how to handle this wonderful bird!You can find a preview of the video here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iswsr5lGOjYThere is a LOT more in the actual video...it is close to 3 hours long!Jonathan

Wow, that Youtube vid was awesome! PMDG really did a good job on the MD-11! I have to say I never ever saw an MD-11 before 'in real life', so this was very nice to watch. Specially since I can't fly the MD-11 right now because my computer isn't working anymore for some time. :( Every detail is there: really awesome! I think I will start flying the freight version as soon as my computer is working again, to make things more life like... The MD-11 is used more often for freight, right?

Wow, that Youtube vid was awesome! PMDG really did a good job on the MD-11! I have to say I never ever saw an MD-11 before 'in real life', so this was very nice to watch. Specially since I can't fly the MD-11 right now because my computer isn't working anymore for some time. :( Every detail is there: really awesome! I think I will start flying the freight version as soon as my computer is working again, to make things more life like... The MD-11 is used more often for freight, right?
Great links!! Thank you both!!Cheers/Patrick/

Hi,The "stabilzer motion" call is present in the sim. Most likely will not hear it if properly trimmed. Had to go through some pitch gyrations to trigger it.Rob

Hi Bob:I have had this particular DVD in my library for some time now, and as a training tool for the PMDG MD11 it is very good. As a reference to just how good the MD11 modelling by PMDG is, and in particular Armens sound set, i was watching the DVD the other day and the 'Altitude' alert sounded from B1tch1ng Betty. I actually looked over to my FSX machines monitors to check on why the altitude alert was being called. FSX wasnt running! lolThe only question that i have as a result of watching the video though is the 'Stabiliser Motion' call. I have not yet heard this in my sim, and was wondering what it is that triggers it.CheersPaul

Yes sireee Bob, I have the DVD myself and it is without doubt one of the better ones on the site... Have a few lol.I think just maybe the 'Stabilizer motion' Betty is something to do with the Martinair options as they do/did use conversion aircraft passenger/cargo and the takeoff roll they had from LEPA... I know the dail-a-flap went to 25 as that was their 'prefferred' setting and an option of 28'. All in all a very accomplished DVD and well worth the cost...p.s. the Concorde one (2 dvd) is even better... but very technical, not much eye candy as such.John E

I'ts amazing to watch the YouTube link and then look at the PMDG pit,the detail is stunning!/Patrick/

Just finished watching the Martinair DVD. Very well presented and a very professional crew. It is amazing how much I recognised from the PMDG aircraft.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest wazzawazza73

The stabilizer motion is there, but it needs a lot of trim to activate it. One call I have not heard is Bank Angle. Is this not featured on MD aircraft?Greg Wintle