Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

PFD speed tape problem

Guest sunbear

I just finished downloading the 737NG-800/900 software. I programmed a flight and got the red speed dots from 0kts up to 400kts.....The flap setting green cues are accurate but I have never had the red stall speed dots all the way up the speed tape. What is going on. I've been flying the NG for a number of years and have never seen this happen.Anybody have any ideas as to what may be causing this?Regards,jack

Guest sunbear

Anybody?? I can also say that I deleted the cfg file and rebooted but get the same thing. Everything appears normal on approach at zero flaps setting until I engage flaps 1 and that is when the speed tape turns red and fills up the entire left side of the speed indicator with a yellow line. This is obviously not right and I'm wandering if anybody else has ever had this problem. With zero flaps, everything appears as it should as the caution yellow is where is should be with approach speed selected and the 'red' stall dots are where they should be under the yellow caution line. However when I select flaps 1, the whole left side of the speed tape turns to the red blocks no matter what flaps are selected. Any ideas as to what is causing this to happen?jack

Deleting any pmdg cfg or ini file will create more problems; although FS will rebuild the fs9.cfg file the pmdg files hold data important that is written during install.A corrupt guage.ini file will definitely cause the red bricks to appear on the PFD.Not knowing what you've deleted (you said "the" cfg, which one?) or what the original problem was, I can only recommend that you use the installer to remove the program, delete all files in the pmdg folder and subfolders and reinstall clean. All liveries will have to be reinstalled too, the files are still there you just need to re-run those installers.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest sunbear

Dan,It was the fs9 cfg file that I deleted and rebuilt starting FS9 once again. The speed tape goes red on both the 600 & 800 series. At first, it was fine on both aircraft and I did not download any new stuff so I'm at a loss as to what caused this anomaly...Anyways, I guess I'm going to have to start from scratch once again with the 6oo & work my way up to the 8oo series unless there is something else I could try!!Regards & thanks for the reply.jack