Sign in to follow this  
Guest dieterle

Reinstalling PMDG747-400X

Guest dieterle

After a while and after installing MD11 I tried again PMDG747-400X. I had black instruments. So I reinstalled it. Thereafter i had no instruments. Then I removed PMDG747-400X via system software. Thereafter I reinstalled it again. Now I get a fatal error in FSX when i try to load PMDG747-400X:AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61472.0 AppStamp:475e17d3ModName: pmdg_747400_main.dll ModVer: 10.0.61355.17 ModStamp:472b3a38fDebug: 0 Offset: 000125ccI had changed board and CPU. FSX with SP2.PS: When i now try to start MD11 I get a grey panel without anything. ((Dieter Salzl

Guest dieterle

I found following issue:When i remove via system software PMDG747-400X the *.dlls in the gauge folder FSX were not removed. I removed them and reinstalled.Now I have no fatal error in FSX but still no instruments.http://www.dieter-salzl.de/snap162.jpgWhen I load PMDG747-400X Database is not loaded as usual.Dieter Salzl

I had this exact issue. It's going to be a bit of a pain, but..... Delete your dll.xml and fsconfig files. Then un-install the 747 and MD11. Start FSX and let it rebuild.Then re-install the 747 and MD11. They now both work a treat for me. I must have got a lot of mess in the dll.xml and Fsconfig files because now all the strobes beacons and landing lights display correctly. I haven't had these display correctly for ages, but just put up with it.So doesn't hurt to have a clean out every now and then.Martin Buzzell

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Guest krislhull

I have the same problem. I uninstalled the 744X, then reinstalled it, and now I get the Fatal Error and FSX crashes. I searched for the DLL.XML, and it is not located anywhere in my FSX root folder. Same thing with FSCONFIG. I have my folder view options set to display all hidden folders and fles. They are just not there. I Tried uninstalling FSX and reinstalling it, but that has not helped. Any Ideas?Kris

Guest krislhull

It looks like I fixed my own problem. The only question I have left is why I could not find DLL.XML and FSCONFIG in my root folder.Kris

dll.xml and fsx.config are in C:Users(enter user here)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX folder if you are using Vista.Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Guest krislhull

>dll.xml and fsx.config are in C:Users(enter user>here)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX folder if you are using>Vista.>>BuzzThat would explain why I could not find the files...Thanks for the help, Buzz.Kris

>I found following issue:>>When i remove via system software PMDG747-400X the *.dlls in>the gauge folder FSX were not removed. I removed them and>reinstalled.>>Now I have no fatal error in FSX but still no instruments.>>http://www.dieter-salzl.de/snap162.jpg>>When I load PMDG747-400X Database is not loaded as usual.>>Dieter Salzl>>Is deleting everything the only fix?PMDG's been quiet on this one. I'd like to hear if they've explored/experienced this issue and if there's an alternative fix.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World