Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astradan

Could only happen to me! - Huge MD11 probs

Guest Pro-Sim

So, I purchase what is regarded by the community to be the most stable and working 'out of the box' complex add-on and guess what.......... it won't work at all on my system!Firstly - I am joking there - I appreciate that something major has clearly gone wrong at my end as I know most people have had no problems.My problems can be summarised quite easily :-- On loading any of the MD-11 varieties, I have no 2D panel - just a grey blob, or outline of the panel, but there is no panel there.- The VC is visible but absolutely no clickspots work, and the yoke is 'hard locked' to the far left,- In the PMDG Menu, the OPTIONS selection does not display at all.- When I access the 'Panel Load' screen, the box is completely empty, the expected panel file from the tutorial is not there. I have read every inch of the documentation, prior to even loading FSX. I was attepting to fly the tutorial but am unable to do anything with this product at present.Download seemed to go ok, other than that, (although I have a fast connection and decent PC), download speed was a painful 40 kbps, and took well over 1 hour.Activation seemed to go ok.In a word - HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP !!!!!!!I am using Win XP, on a totally standard FSX installation that has served me well for a long time. Very few add-ons, no tweaks. Nvidia 8800 GTS 320Mb card, 2GB RAM, Core2Duo E6700 2.67Ghz.I am guessing I will be told that my installation has obviously corrupted somewhere. Bad news for me as I only have an hour or two this evening, then a work trip for 3 weeks.It's pretty frustrating spending the good money to pay for this fantastic advanced simulation, to not be able to even try it out....But I totally appreciate this is almost certainly not the fault of PMDG or anyone ......... just my ********* bad luck !!!!!Do I need to re-install ?Regards,Roy.

Guest Muskoka1

Try this...Start FSX, pick a Cessna, go to the airport of your choice, make sure the 2D PANEL is loaded (very important), pick weather and anything else and save that flight as the default. Leave FSX and then restart. Load the saved flight, then load one of the MD-11's. Everything should be okay. I'm sure I also read that if you load one the MD-11's then decide you want to load another one without exciting FSX this will happen. Good luckGlen

Guest Pro-Sim

Hi Glen,Thanks for the help.I did do what you described - I'm always mega careful with using 'default flight' parameters in FS, before loading complex aircraft. (Even though some people state that this should no longer be necessary with FSX).I did solve the problem - it was apparantly cause by two factors :-1. I did not have 'Advanced Animations' ticked in the FSX display settings.2. I have since read on this forum, that this simulation does not allow subsequent 're-loads' of it's own aircraft / panel, beyond the initially loaded flight.I successfully flew half of the tutorial with no issues, when I unfortunately got a CTD, following attempting to access the PMDG > Performance Tuning menu.I believe this crash was O.O.M retated.It's an equisite simulation but clearly I can't say I am fullt happy until I've experienced all flight phases without a crash.I'm sure the above was a one off (hopefully), and I am attempting a re-flight as I type this. :)Regards,Roy.