Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

MD11: "Light-bug" in outside-view?

Guest Susan27

Hi,I wonder if there is a "MD11-outside light bug"...?1) Although I have RWY Turnoff-lights switches both to "off" this light is "on" at the right (not left!) side when viewing from outside at the cute MD11... 2) The same is with the NAV lights: Though switched to "off" the constant green & red light at the very LE (wings) can be clearly seen "on"...(!)3) The same is with the flashing white light at the vicinity of the NAV lights (I dont know their correct names).To show you guys what I mean I made a pic from the overhead-panel and the corresponding outside-view of the MD11 at the same time. I reinstalled the whole FSX & PMDG, tried different airports...but no change at all...Is this a bug or do I have to change something in a setting etc...?Here are the pics from the overhead panel & outside view:x2voenhp.jpg2msynh5o.jpg

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I have the same issue. I encounter this on all PW powered MD-11F models (World Airways Cargo, FedEx, UPS). GE powered MD-11F models are fine. I haven't tried any pax models.Susan, check and see if you have pilot model issues too. On the ground they look fine, but at altitude, they're misplaced (and missing their heads).Regards,Nick

Guest Susan27

Well, I only (so far) used the Pax version of the MD11 (the pics from above are from the Pax version)...so if there is the same issue with the freighter version it seems to be a general problem...Concerning the other thing: I will check this out now... :)

Susan.There is a check box for 'Pilot controls lights' somewhere in a FSX setup option. Is this checked?

Hi,I get weird lighting, too. I can't control them (landing and runway turnoff). This is with the Pax version.Only solution has been to restart FSX. Reloading a saved situation does NOT fix this. I can't pin-point what causes this, or why.Best regards,Robin.

Guest Susan27

>Susan.>There is a check box for 'Pilot controls lights' somewhere in>a FSX setup option. Is this checked?>Yes it is, Pete!

Guest TSE

Had that once when loading from a previously saved flight.Lights remained on independently from the lights switch config.Creating a new flight from scratch solved the issue - never re-occured since, even when loading from a saved situation.ThanksJoerg

Just thought that i would add to thisI too have the same issue. Susan: The 'Flashing White Lights' to which you refer are commonly known as Strobes. On the MD11, Their button is the 'HI INT' switch.CheersPaul

>Hi,>>I get weird lighting, too. I can't control them (landing and>runway turnoff). This is with the Pax version.>>Only solution has been to restart FSX. Reloading a saved>situation does NOT fix this. I can't pin-point what causes>this, or why.>>Best regards,>Robin.Just load panel state from cold and dark :-)Every other panel state can give problems...http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

Guest Susan27

Thanks for your lines, guys...so I dont feel "alone in the dark"...only kidding! :)Well, it would be cool if PMDG could fix it in one of their updates to come...so that it will work from all saved panel states and not only from cold-and-dark (nevertheless, thanks for the tip in the meantime!)Of course its not a big malus at all...just wanted to know if you perhapes see the same...@PaulThanks very much for your explanation concerning the 'HI INT' switch:I really thought after reading the first tutorial (UK to CH) that "Hi INT" would mean that the red flashing beacon on top of the MD11 just flashes with more intensity (brighter)...I never thought at the wing-strobes (lol!)...but missed to check it from outside...Well, learned another thing again and learning is fun for me...! :)