Sign in to follow this  
Guest Formula

I need assistance with the MD-11 please

Guest Formula

I just downloaded and installed this software and when I try to load the aircraft either from the aircraft menu or after loading a flight FSX gives me a fatal error message and shuts down. I tried re-installing and the problem still exists. I meet or exceed all of the spec required for this aircraft but I still cannot use it? I paid 80 friggin dollars and I cant use it? WTH?! Sorry but my patience went out with my 80 bucks, fix it now or give me a refund. This is the only add-on I have ever had this issue with...your product is broken.

Guest Pro-Sim

I had an issue which prevented me from using this plane, but I came here with a heck of a calmer attitude and got things sorted quickly.I appreciate you are frustrated, as I was too - but rest assured, the guys will get you up and running. The tone of your posting is not good - you do not encourage help by communicating in that way.Give hte guys some info - what OS are you on, your specs, etc, is your anti-virus software running during the d/load and install, etc, etc ?Be patient and you will get things working.Roy.

Guest Formula

My Specs are:Windows XP SP2AMD X2 4200+ATI HD38703 gigs RAMFSX (Latest SP)Perhaps this will help.

Total failures like this are so rare. Hopefully, someone in the forum might help you if you come across as someone they would want to help. Almost everyone here is a hobbyist..Regardless, by now you should have emailed pmdg support. They know alot more about this type of problem that us customers who have not had a problem like yours. Make sense?By the way, I don't work here either but I have not had a problem like yours and can't help other than to try to point you in a direction that might help.Oh yeah, almost forgot. Please sign with your real name in this forum. Seems to help with the manners.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chill, nothing will ever go right with that attitude. When something is broken you fix it and make the best out of it. Now e-mail pmdg support. They will help with much more than us.

I know exactly what your problem is. I had the same problem with Level D and fixed it.Change the attitude and say please and we might help.Hint, I bet you have FSUIPC.DLL installed.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

>product is broken.If PMDG's product was broken, then surely every other post here would be about their MD11 causing FSX to crash?As the other members of the forum here have stated, so few people have had that problem, that nobody really knows what the answer to your question is. Common sense and logic dictates that if you have been unable to find at least one other thread with the search function of the forum that indicates similar problems to those which you are having, that the problem must surely be at YOUR end, rather than with the PMDG installer or product itself.I managed to download the programme, install it, and touch wood, have had no problems whatsoever. That said, i regularly defrag my PC, and it is maintained by a guy that really knows his stuff. If i do have an issue, he's my first port of call.I hope that you have emailed PMDG support with the issue, as they are most likely to be able to help you out quickly and effectively. As i and others have already stated, The majority of contribution to the forum here is from users rather than PMDG support staff and this forum is more a place to discuss flying hints and tips, than to recieve solid tech support.I understand that you are frustrated, and i understand that it is massively annoying when you cant fly your shiny new aeroplane because of problems, be they with your machine, or the installer itself. Note that i do not explicitly state that it is your machine. I merely suggest that it is most likely your machine given the amount of users that have NOT had problems. As keen as you are to get the issue solved. I can assure you that PMDG are likely to be as keen to understand the issue. Perhaps it is a problem with their downloads or the installer. If it is, then i am sure that they will want to get it fixed.Yes. PMDG have receieved $80ish from you. Yes they are very much aware of their responsibilities to you as a result, and Yes they are keen to sort out your issue. But does that justify the distinct lack of common courtesy that you have shown in your extremely rude and arrogant post above? No. I dont think so.I am sorry. But i am unable to help with your problem as i have not had it. I should imagine though, that with a quick apology about the tone of your initial post (admitedly i am sure made in the heat of the moment and when you were most upset), that at least one or two others here might be able to start pointing you in the right direction.Please note that i am not now, nor have i ever been, a member of PMDG's staff. I am merely, like you, another user. Please take this post for what it is, a friendly nudge in the right direction and nothing more or less.CheersPaulEdit: I posted this prior to seeing your newer thread here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set...page=show_topic

"Formula"You should post your name as per forum rules..Sorry you're having difficulty, but I am sure this will be a setup issue with your install, I've never had a problem installing the MD-11, e-mailing PMDG support (which is completely free btw) will more than likely be your best option and knowing the guys, they'll get straight on to sorting you out.Just a quick note though, I am sure you're upset and were looking forward to flying the A/C, but flaming and getting angry doesn't help you.. and makes anyone weary of helping you.. We've all had frustrations with computer software, you seem to jumped straight to this course of action without even attempting any others. FSX is quite a fragile program sometimes.. I've had failures to load with all kinds of causes.. If this were a regular thing, and not a freak occurrance, then this would have been picked up during the beta testing phase which I and many others were a part of.. This is the first time I've heard of it, and more than likely the first time they heard it too.. They're as interested in finding the issue as you are..Just relax.. keep cool.. e-mail support.. try to explain the best you can exactly what happened and I am sure they'll resolve your issue..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest stubbornswiss

>I paid 80 friggin dollars and I cant>use it? WTH?! Sorry but my patience went out with my 80>bucks, fix it now or give me a refund. This is the only>add-on I have ever had this issue with...your product is>broken.I rarely respond to such posts, but this one has really gotten me going!I have several hundred hours on the PMDG 747-400X, with very few problems encountered. And every problem I ever had was solved through these forums, quickly, intelligently, and POLITELY!I now have about 75 hours logged on the MD-11 and MD-11F (actual route hours, flying with my virtual airline), and the few questions I have had, have also been answered here on these forums, quickly, intelligently, and POLITELY!May I suggest that you first check to make sure that it is not YOU or YOUR PC that is broken. Next, and even more important, please approach these forums in an intelligent and polite way. I believe this will go a long way to get you the help you seek.Hey..... just my 2 cents!And to the rest of us....... Happy MD-11 Flying!

<>We don't know who you are. Please sign your name per forum rules.We don't know what symptoms you are experiencing. What is t he fatal error message?We don't know what other addons you have installed.We really don't know anything other than you are angry.These problems are often very easy to solve. Help us help you.Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg