Sign in to follow this  
Guest Formula

New Problems

Guest Formula

Thanks to PMDG Support for their quick response to my first fatal error problem. However maybe someone can enlighten me to these new issues I am encountering now that I can actually load the aircraft. The virtual cockpit is completely dark and non functional. The switches move but do nothing, there is no lighting inside or out, and none of the VDU's are functioning. Also the yokes are hard over and dont move with my controller and the aircraft will respond to inputs from the throttle and joystick but other than that it is completely non functional. This add-on is still unusable for me, I have sent another request to support but perhaps the issue can be resolved here.

Formula:Hello. Firstly, its a forum rule for sensible reasons, could you please add your real name to the posts so that we all feel like we are talking to a real person? :)Anyway, i post this just after making a post in your first thread. So my apologies firstly for the slightly abrupt nature of that post. I see that you have calmed down a little and that you are on the way to getting your problems solved. In order to help you out with this problem. we are all going to need a little bit more information from you.1. Have you downloaded and ran through the initial tutorial? This will in the first instance teach you how to provide power to the aircraft. If that is not the problem, then we can move on with the knowledge that the aircraft, for whatever reason, is not receiving power from any of its possible sources.2. I know that you posted it in the first thread. But to keep things together, can you post your systems specs again so that we can take that into consideration. Also include any hardware addons that you may have such as yokes, sticks and what have you. 3. If you are running with FSUIPC (and most people are) can you let us know what version. (It should say on the FSUIPC interface front page available through the ADD ON's drop down in FSX).4. What specific issues are you having? Have you loaded a new panel state. The default should be ready for push back. Try reloading it and see if that helps. 5. Did you receive the request for permissions from FSX for the PMDG guages and modules when you started FSX for the first time after installing the add-on?6. If you didnt see the items to which question 5 above applies, then perhaps we are going to need to see your FSX cfg file, your DLL.xml file, and your PMDG MD11 cfg file. I cant remember where they are both located. So hopefully somebody else can provide the location? Be prepared to post them up if asked. It often helps solve a lot of issues. Hope that's a starting point for you. CheersPaulEdit: Added DLL.xml to item 6.

Guest Formula

1. If the aircraft has the engines running when initially loaded, shouldnt everything be on anyways without me having to power it up? The engines are running and the default flight is a cessna.2. Windows XP AMD Dual Core X64 4200+ 3 gigs RAM ATI HD3870 Vid card Saitek X52 FCS3. Yes I am running FSUIPC, dont know what version since it doesnt show up in the sim when I press ALT. Also, I noticed that the PMDG doesnt even show up in the addons tab, only the Flight 1 ATR does and I have the Super 80 and Airbus 2 from wilco, neither of those show up in my add- ons tab. Im just going to have to re-install FSX...AGAIN.4. I dont even know how to load a new panel state since I cant see the aircraft in the add-ons dropdown...5. Yes, that went fine. Thanks, Bryan

Guest Formula

Screw it, Im going to reinstall FSX and install ONLY the PMDG MD-11. That should solve the problem and I will be able to see if it some add-on that is messing with this aircraft or just the add-on itself. Once again, I will REINSTALL FSX and load the md-11 over a clean install with SP2. I will post when I am done to let you know how it turns out.

Guest Formula

Ok here it is. I uninstalled FSX and all add-ons associated with it. These included: Level-D 767Wilco Airbus series vol. 2Coolsky Super 80Flight 1 ATRWilco 737 I promptly installed the PMDG MD-11 and it now seems to be functioning as intended. Therefore, one or more of the above add-ons has to have changed something in the sim to render the MD-11 unusable. Unfortunately they were all removed simultaneously so I have no way of knowing which particular add-on was the culprit. I would first suspect the Wilco products since they are pretty sloppily put together in the first place, get the worst framerates and are of poorest quality comparatively. My only other issue now it seems is that the text in the VC is very jagged but perhaps I need to max out the global texture resolution to solve this, I will see. So there ya go, PMDG did it right and its just some conflicts with previous add-ons that most likely are the cause for most of the problems with the aircraft. Now to go fly the thing and hope it all works well.Bryan

That Wilco stuff was a real bugaboo during 747X release. That might be the first one to isolate. The text in the VC is capable of being good, not extremely excellent, but good. Check your mips settings to ensure you have that set high.Now the fun begins. It will take some time learning this one so be patient. It really is a great aircraft sim IMHO.

Dan Downs KCRP

>That Wilco stuff Dan: Stop swearing. :(Shouldnt the word filter here be picking up on Curse words like Wilco?CheersPaul