Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

PMDG MD11 Problems - unable to load - HELP

Guest lorenz88

Good evening everyone, I bought PMDG MD11 just this evening and i installed it immediatly. Everything in the installation was fine and, after have installed also some livreries I decided to try to fly this new bird.I loaded ActiveSkyX than I loaded FSX and here was the first problem: immediatly after the load of FSX a message appeared in the windows bar (where the clock is located) telling me that there was one program running wich is in conflict with Windows Vista colourscheme adopted and a switch to Windows Vista Basic colourscheme was needed. It says nothing obout what program couses this trouble.After this I have my FSX loaded as usual so i tried to load my new PMDG MD11, result: Windows says that there was e critical error, FSX must be closed and restarted. This happens with all the MD11 (PW, GE and Cargo) and with all livreries installed. I have also loaded the WinVista tool that i have found on this forum but it doesen't have solved the problem.I tried finally to load the PMDGMD11 manager from WinVista menu and it works fine...no errors encoutered. What can I do??HELP!!!Lorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

Thank you, I have read that post but it doesn't have helped me. I sent an e-mail to PMDG support team and I hope they will reply soon or that sombody of this forum who has experieced this problem may halp me to solve it.I enclude my PC config.intel Core2 Quad 6600NVIDIA GTX88004Gb RamWin Vista Home Premium 32bitSaitek pro flight yoke and rudder systemFS 9.1FS XActive Sky XActive Sky 6 all these are running on the same operating system. Both FS9.1 and FSX have FSUIPC installed.Thank you for your halp!Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Lorenzo,>problem: immediatly after the load of FSX a message appeared>in the windows bar (where the clock is located) telling me>that there was one program running wich is in conflict with>Windows Vista colourscheme adopted and a switch to Windows>Vista Basic colourscheme was needed. It says nothing obout>what program couses this trouble.This is normal and not an error in itself. Vista will just revert out of Aero as long as you run FSX.I can't help you on your other problem unfortunately. But these kinds of errors are usually attributed to some bad settings in FSX.Hope it helps,

Guest lorenz88

Thank you very much Maths, now I know what does this error mean. The other problem remains but I'm sure PMDG support team or somebody else in this forum will help me.Thank you very much!!Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

I have finaly soved my problems uninstalling and reinstalling FSX and the PMDG MD11. Now everything works fine and I have to say to PMDG thank you for everithing! Thank you for quick support, thank you for this great product wich is very very beautiful!!8 years waiting...for this! FANTASTIC!Thanks to all PMDG members!!Lorenzo Chiovaro