Sign in to follow this  
metzgergva

MD-11 mouse wheel usage inconsitencies

I know it is just a smal detail on a great plane.I don't know if this could be hardware related, but I'm using mostly the mouse wheel for actuation of knobs and wheels.Now on the VS you move your mouse wheel forward and the VS wheel moves in the same sense forward and you get a lower pitch - all perfect.Now you apply a forward movement on your mouse wheel on the flaps dial. The wheel and in consequence the displayed degrees just move the other way.Similar for the knobs on the glare shield. Moving the mouse forward excecutes a right turn (clockwise) of the knob or higher values. Applying it on the transponder mode select knob it is the other way round.And there is more of those. Would be be able to harmonize it to moving the wheel forward meaning always wheel forward or knob clockwise turn?

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

I Agree:While potentially a 'realism' function of the addon, in that that's the way the real aircraft does it. For us lowly simmers, its a tad confusing to say the least. Sometimes, is it possible that while the realism is good. There is a situation where 'too real' is too much?CheersPaul