Sign in to follow this  
Haitoman

MD-11 PMDG Tutorial 1

Don't get me wrong...this is a first class (pun intended) sim but something is wrong. When following the LHR-Zurich tutorial everything is absolutely perfect until I reach DET5 at 6000ft. The tutorial says that the FMA altitude of 6000ft will no longer be magenta - check. Then it says to dial-in 37000 on the FCP, and the aircraft will start climbing in profile mode - NO. It does not say anything about pushing Prof again but if you do then everything is ok then passing FL100 the FMS is supposed to change to ECON climb speed - NOT. What am I doing wrong? I have tried over and over but cannot follow the tutorial.Andrew VincentHP9812TX Laptop with external bits and pieces...LOL

Same thing happened to me. I didnt't push the Prof switch until much later on when I finally discovered why the aircraft wasn't climbing past 6,000 ft.KFreire.

Andrew Vincent,Reading your sequence of actions, knowing following might help:During TO fase PROF was engaged per tutorial at 1500ft.## When engaging PROF during TO fase it will engage BOTH FMS Speed AND Vertical Profile.##Reaching 6000 ft selecting 37000 did not start the climb, also speed acceleration at 10000 did not take place.- To me it indicates that for whatever reason the vertical profmode and FMS speed mode were lost. (can't see your FMA indications).Engaging PROF again started the climb to FL370. To accellerate at 10000 you should have re-engaged FMS speed as well.## Other than TO fase:PROF and FMS Speed are two separate selections.(Re-) Engaging PROF will handle the vertical profile.(Re-) Engaging FMS Speed will handle FMS programmed speeds. ##Hope it clears your questions on the next flights.Regards,Harry

Thanks for the reply,I understand that the speed and vertical profiles are quite separate. I have tried again and still cannot get the AC to follow the vertical profile at 6000ft. Could someone please confirm that the tutorial is correct.Andrew

Andrew,>Thanks for the reply,Sorry it did not help you any further.>I understand that the speed and vertical profiles are quite>separate.Good, and essential, you are aware of that.> I have tried again and still cannot get the AC to>follow the vertical profile at 6000ft.Looks it even gets worse, compared to your first request on this topic.>Could someone please>confirm that the tutorial is correct.Don't give you much chances to find the solution there.Suggest to do some screenshots of the situations you encounter as problematic, so we can help you to solve it.Regards,Harry

Guest tvs

I also have problems flying this tutorial. Everything goes well until i reach DET5. The altitude restriction of 6000 ft should be removed, showing the altitude no longer in magenta but in white. This does not happen: the FMA altitude keeps showing 'HOLD 6000 ft' in magenta. Turning the altitude selector to 370 and pressing the PRFOFILE button again does not help.What am i doing wrong here?

Maybe it's a good idea to reduce the workload while your climbing to FL060.By arm the PROF and the NAV before you take off.