Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

What FMC misake am I making in the Tutorial please?

Guest cliffie1931

I believe I'm following the Tutorial but I must be doing something wrongly when I enter information into the FMC and I'd appreciate help.(I should mention that I'm on Runway 27L at Heathrow rather than at Stand 212 as in the Tutorial)The attachment shows the FMC at the stage up to and including the entry of the Cost Index on page 7 of the tutorialHere's what I do after that.1. I press LSK3 2. Then the instructions are to "Confirm the Initialise IRS prompt using LSK 4R to feed the aligning IRS systems with these co ordinates. After that POS REF is displayed there."However Pos REF is ALREADY showing.3.I move to the Weight Init page and click on LSK 1R to force the UFOB number as block entry fuel. However I receive a message reading "Not Allowed".I clear that message and, instead, enter 30 into 1R. That gives me a message reading "Insufficient Fuel"What am I doing incorrectly please?Cliff

Hello Cliff1stly if yu want to force the UFOB as the block fuel you have to right click the LSK next to it.2ndly if you add up those fuel predictions youll get 34.3 and the UFOB is 30, hence the reason for you INSUFFICIENT FUEL message

kilograms vs. pounds?Cheers,

Guest cliffie1931

Hi Bryan. 1.When I right click on 1R nothing happens. And I'm not sure whether or why I should "force the UFOB as the block fuel"What's the correct thing to do?2.As you'll see from the FMC picture I've attached the figures are:1R UFOB 65.62R 457.73R 392.14R 435.95R 31.46R 28.2Where do I find the fuel predictions that add up to 34.3?Regards.............Cliff

CliffFrom the Attachment #2 in your first post, when you added trip fuel, rte rsv, final and extra fuel, you get more than the UFOB, however in your second post the picture you put, when you add those values up, you get less than the UFOB you have, so right there you dont get the INSUFF FUEL message

Guest cliffie1931

1.I'm working in kilos as that's the weight I've stipulated in the Load Manager.2.When I add the weights you mention it totals 72.4 as follows:Trip 21.1RTE 2.1RSV 10.1Final 8.2Extra 30.9Total 72.4When I use the 72.4 as the UFOB you'll see from the attached picture that I'm evidentally on the wrong track.I'm pretty much at sea here..............RegardsCliff

Guest cliffie1931

You hit it on the head! I hadn't changed the options to Kilograms and with that change I've been able to move ahead and am now bound for Zurich..........Thanks guys!Cliff