Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Reason for missing Weather radar?

Guest Mower

>its all a game.>>NickHeretic: repent your sin...FSX is a SIMULATION.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>Heretic: repent your sin...FSX is a SIMULATION.Forgive me Mower, for I have sinned! I'll recite a dozen F-16 ramp starts, and list the first 100 sorties of the ATO (from memory) twice for my mistake.Nick

Guest Mower

Your timely reference to Falcon 4 hath vindicated thee.Carry on.

Guest JeanLuc_
FS9/FSX does NOT deliver ANY information about precipation the add-on developers could use for a gauge. To develop an accurate WX radar you absolutely need to know where precipation is located because this is what the radar will detect. So how can you programme a system when the primary information the radar would detect is not there?RealityXP and others have tried to "guess" the location of precipation within the simulation using cloud information and I don't know what else. While this may look real to many of you it just isn't.
Hi Markus,Let me take the opportunity to explain from the inside out what it is about the Wx500, since it seems there is a lot of confusion in this thread about it.although your statement is true in regard to what the FS SDK offers, it is not true in regard to how the Reality XP Wx500 Weather Radar is implemented. Indeed you are right to some extent about precipitation. However, there are more in the cloud 3D data than just their "position". (like you have outlined, and unlike other radars for FS, the Reality XP Wx500 is not using global unprecise metar reports from stations, it is using actual FS-internal cloud data that includes their type/position and many other factors embedded in the cloud structure internal of FS like some info about precipitation indeed...).You are right as well, considering a "doppler" radar and precipitation. However, the Wx500 is not a doppler radar, but a simpler model. It detects water bodies/masses, no moving drops of water (like precipitation). It is faithfully limited to what the Bendix King it is modeled from offers.Now, is this realistic enough/convincing enough to the point it helps selling more products when licensing the Reality XP technology in an aircraft or not, is just a matter of return on investment (nor cost). From a technical standpoint, there are no limitations of course to integrate the two technologies, and there is no impact on the frame rates with the Wx500.I thank you for your understanding.(user name is my name)