Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a3ifs40

Need help with Cruise flight in 747-400F FS9

good afternoon all Right now I am on a flight from Ksdf-Panc in the UPS 747-400F in FLight Sim 9 I seem to be having a major problem in the cruise phase.I am trying to mimic UPS FLight 80 using the following cruise altitude and flight planUPS80 United Parcel Service, Inc. "UPS" Aircraft Boeing 747-400 (quad-jet) (H/B744/Q) Origin Louisville Intl (KSDF) Destination Anchorage Intl (PANC) Route SDABB1 SHB BVT KG78K KP06G GFK YDR J504 VLN REFEX YWV XD YZU YQU NCA10 YAK J501 JOH YESKA3 Duration 6 hours 26 minutes Speed 487 kts Altitude 38000 feet Currently at 38000 I seem to be losing speed. My Weight is 530.2 my cruise speed is 83.4 in the FMC but it has started to drop very slowly. my N2 is 103.1, I think that is way to highI have VNAV and LNAV engaged. the wind up here is 201/20 any help would be great thanksIan

Continued Ok finally I stopped the speed bleed I was going thoughhow ever I ran out of gasSo I had to shut the flight down I took off with a reserve of 25.0 The FMC calculated that I would have 36.0 left on landingwell with all the trouble i had in the cruise and trying to follow the step climb which was to bring me to 40,000 i used alot of fuel. I am pretty sure I did my part correct but a second set of eyes mite helpthanks to allIan

Guest Jake Lee

What was your maximum altitude indicated in the FMC? Maybe you were too heavy to reach FL380 so sudden?- Jake

In addition to the quoted info below, see if setting the engine to CONT thrust limitation helps. I found that CRZ rating is insufficient under certain conditions well within the operating envelope but no real interest ensued. Identical conditions in another, professional level B747-400 simulation do not have such issues. 36 years of flying including as chief experimental test pilot in highly acclaimed organizations real world. >What was your maximum altitude indicated in the FMC? Maybe>you were too heavy to reach FL380 so sudden?>>- Jake

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

KLMMD-11.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now