Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MD11:Total power loss after parking?

Guest Susan27

Just experienced a total power loss after Engine shutdown and systems only on battery-power. After some few(?) minutes all CRTs went black. I wasnt able also to start the APU...or enable Ground external power because the MCDU itself(!) was also "black" without any elec.So my question:1) Is there somehow nevertheless a way to regain power to the MD11 in such a scenario...and if so how?2) How long approx. is the MD-11 battery working (in minutes) when no systems are "at work"...so the MD11 just standing at the apron...?Thanks very much! :)

When you land, be sure to start your APU by pressing the APU button in the ELEC panel (not the APU start button, nor the APU button in the hyd panel!). Then, when you shutdown the engines, the APU will automatically take over.As far as what to do when your battery is dead... restart FS! :-)- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Susan27

Yes Bill, I know that the normal proc is to start APU and/or connect GND-PWR via the MCDU before shut down. I would like to know if there is a way to repower the MD 11 when accidently forgetting all those SOP - so when the Bat is empty...?In real life you of course are able to ask for the kind ground staff personal but here at PMDG-MD11 it is a bit more "complicated" for obvious reasons...lol! :)

Guest Susan27

Good idea, Bryan...but I was unable to locate such a menu item (External power) in the FS-PMDG option menu...or do you simply mean load another panel state...? :)

Susan, Although the MCDU is unpowered and blank we have allowed it to work only for connecting external power, if you have at least some battery power. With an unpowered MCDU if you press the MENU key the GROUND CONNECTIONS page will directly display giving you the option for external power. Now, if you have drained the battery, as I understand happened to you, this will not work. The only way out would be to load a new panel state.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg