Sign in to follow this  
Guest dtoensin

Default Ground Vehicles for MD11

Guest dtoensin

Posted a question on this previously but didn't get any reponses. Does anyone get the default baggage vehicles to work with the MD11? I've done quite a few flights and have yet to have the vehicles move after parking the aircraft, shutting down the engines, and opening the cargo doors. They do work with the default aircraft. I thought I saw a previous post from PMDG that the MD11 was designed to work with the default vehicles. Donald

Guest dtoensin

Apologies for asking again, but has anyone got the default ground vehicles (baggage loader, etc.) to come to the plane after parking? Not a big deal if it doesn't work, but I'm just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong, as they do work on the default planes. Thanks for any responses.Donald

No, when you request the baggage vehicles with Shift+2 (that's how you request them not just opening the door) they go to the passenger door.

I beg to differ. By default, shift-2 is used for bringing up panels. And, in default FSX planes, all you need to do for the baggage vehicle to come up, is to open the cargo door.This doesn't seem to work with the MD-11.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest dtoensin

If you use Shift-E, then 2, which opens the cargo doors on the default aircraft, the baggage vehicles move, but they come to the cabin door that's used by the jetway - they don't go to any of the open cargo doors. Is there something in the aircraft.cfg file that would make that happen?Donald

does pmdg have any intel on the belt loader going to the pax door?
We are looking into this issue for the upcoming Service update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.VinPMDG

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest dtoensin

I installed the new service update for the FSX MD-11 and it appears the problem with the default ground vehicles hasn't been fixed. Anything new on this? Is it a matter of adding some coordinates to the aircraft.cfg for the location of the doors?Donald

Guest dtoensin
I installed the new service update for the FSX MD-11 and it appears the problem with the default ground vehicles hasn't been fixed. Anything new on this? Is it a matter of adding some coordinates to the aircraft.cfg for the location of the doors?Donald
Hate to be a pest, but can someone from PMDG address this? I thought it was being looked into for the service update. Just like to know for sure if it wasn't fixed or maybe can't be fixed. Thanks.Donald

Hate to be a pest, but can someone from PMDG address this? I thought it was being looked into for the service update. Just like to know for sure if it wasn't fixed or maybe can't be fixed. Thanks.
I bet this bug was bumped down in priority due to the FS9 version. Can't fix everything, you know?! :( But, given the popularity of the MD11, I'm sure another service pack will be forthcoming...

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871