Sign in to follow this  
Guest SC747

MD11 Stabilizer Trim/Other

Guest SC747

Hello,I just purchased this sharp product a few days ago and also bought the Flight Crew Operating Manual as a reference. In the op manual I cannot locate how to clear (1) the "Stabilizer Trim" light that appears on the console so by it staying on prohibits takeoff.(2) I need to know where to "Set Landing Altitude" which is the other warning light that I cant find how to clear....I was hoping for the Flight Crew Op Manual to explain in detail the FMS or FMC which is very different from the reg. Boeing FMC I use in the 747-400 QOS pkg from PMDG. My question for that one is, should Ialso purchase the guide from PMDG or is there another way without spending another $100+ USD.???Also, I purchased this product as a download and cannot seem to locate the "tutorial" Can anyone direct me to that?? It might help me during set-up. As it is right now, I can't even fly it...Many thanks for all answers and suggestions-in advance!SC747:-hmmm

Set Landing Altitude will clear when you enter the destination in the FMS.Stab Trim alarm is cleared after you set the trim for takeoff, which first you need to preflight the FMS including Takeoff Init and Vspeeds.The is a pinned topic above "Quick guide for Boeing pilots" for the MD11 written by Ryan.My guess is the tutorial is located in the PMDG Ops section with other valuable info.Please sign with your real name in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest SC747

Hello Dan,"Preflighting" the FMS is my issue. I don't really know how to operate it as it is much different than the regular Boeing FMC...I did notice FAQ for "Tips for Boeing Pilots" but it just talked about departure ID's,SID/STAR info,etc.. Where do I find Mr. Ryans article? I will search for the tutorial under the ops section...In order to really understand this airplane and the FMS- does the guide PMDG's offer discuss everything from battery on to shut down??...I was hoping that the flight crew ops manual would do that but its not an operating guide, just shows codes, proper way to turn the aircraft,how to take-off etc...nothing I didn't already know- and spent $93 for...So- Should I purchase the FMS guide along with the op guide?-Will it give me everything I need??Please advise and thanks!Steve CateSC747

Save your money.. the steps are pretty easy if you keep the situation easy.Starting with no power, add power and make sure everything overhead is in auto mode and emergency lights armed. If you had doors opened, make sure you arm them.F-PLN init: Enter Ori/Des, Alt and Cost IndexFPLN: Enter SID or next waypoint at origin, enter STAR/Arrival at last fix in route before destination.TO Init: Enter 0/0 for slope/wind or whatever, enter temp (include the C or F) and flaps (18-20 for ex) then accept V speeds.I think you are ready to go to pushback and engine start. During taxi set flaps, arm spoilers, set trim and autobrakes for t/o, unless I forgot something you should have the green box. Turn on lights for takeoff and now the fun part.If you start adding complexity then you need to spend more time in the manuals. The pdf format has always worked fine for me, and during beta I found most everything above in those.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP