Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

MD-11 Fuel Initialization page

I am having trouble entering the correct values on the FMS fuel initializaton page. I take the values directly from the MD-11 load manager. I click on LSK1R to enter the value stated and then manually enter the ZFW, TOCG and ZFWCG. I keep getting a message saying either or both the ZFWCG and TOCG are wrong. This does not allow me to confirm my V Speeds on the TO/APP page.What am I doing wrong?By the way, I love the MD-11 sim. Great work and worth the wait.

Jeff, Do you get an OUT OF RANGE message? Are you entering the values in the correct units (LBs vs KGs)? In any case if you right click the LKS next to the ZFW, the TOCG and the ZFWCG the correct value wil appear in the scratchpad for you to insert

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Michael... yes, it's an out of range message. I'll double check the units but I'm pretty sure they are correct. When I right click next to the CG's and try to transfer the value from the SP it says OUT OF RANGE in the SP.Kind of confusing. Also, on takeoff if I hit AUTOFLIGHT at 400 feet it turns off the autopilot because, according to the checklist, I had turned it on after engine start. What is the correct procedure.Thanks a million for your help.Jeff

Still having the same problem. I left click on LSK1R to enter the "block" fuel. Then I right click on LSK3R to enter the value on the SP and then left click on LSK3R to enter it. I do the same on LSK5R and LSK6R. I then copy the "block fuel" to the next page. I then go to the flight plan page and enter the required information there. Then I go to the TO/APP page and enter the information there. When I go to initialize the V speeds... I get the out of range message.Any suggestions?

Where exactly to you get an OUT OF RANGE message iun the TO/APP page? There are several fields you must enter there. Which one is giving you the error and what is your input?

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

It actually appears after I enter the block fuel amount into the fuel initialization page.

Jeff, What is the value already displayed next to LSK 1R in small fonts? What amount are you entering? To enter a block fuel on LSK 1R in WEIGHT INIT page the engines must be off. Otherwise pressing LSK 1R performs a different function (disables fuel sensors).With the engines off, you can either press LSK 1R with an empty scratchpad to accept the value that is displayed next to LSK 1R (actual fuel weight), or you can enter a different value (for testing different fuel weights). If you have selected LBs as the weight units form the PMDG Options menu the maximum allowed value is 320 (corresponds to 320,000 LBS). If you have selected KGs as the weight units form the PMDG Options menu the maximum allowed value is 145 (corresponds to 145,000 KGs).Any entered value higher than the above limits will result in an ENTRY OUT OF RANGE message. Make sure that what you enter is in the same as the selected units.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

I am entering everything correctly as far as I can tell. I just noticed something though. The problem only happens with the passenger model and NOT with the freighters!?! Happens EVERY time with the passenger versions. Also a new problem has just started. About half way from the gate to the runway on my initial taxi... all three engines just quit. I restart them and move a little bit further and it happens again. Very frustrating especially when I'm doing everything the same as with the 10 or so successful flights I've had before.