Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Why "Unable to load F-PLN"?

Guest cliffie1931

With the MD-11 at Kennedy on runway 24R I try to load the Flight Plan contained in the 747 files named JFKLAX001.However I receive a message reading "Unable to load F-PLN"How do I load it successfully please?Cliff

Hi Cliff:At first glance - Spelling error?Try KJFKKLAX001Or, in Dep/DEST EnterKJFK/KLAXAnd the FMC should offer you a list of all the flightplans that it can find between kennedy and lax. Then you just choose the one you want.Cheers Paul

Guest cliffie1931

Not a spelling error;all the 747 Flight Plans in my list have six letters followed by zero zero one.I'll try your suggestions. Thanks and my regards from sunny SpainCliff

Cliff,Is this a .rte or rt2 file? If it is an .rt2 it does not include all the waypoints of the route but only the airways and fixes ids. If it is an old file (the flight plans that came with the 747 are indeed quite old) it is possible that some airways/fixes are not valid anymore in the latest cycles of the navdata database.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest cliffie1931

Ahh......it's an rt2 file so that must be the answer.Thanks for the explanation.Regards...........Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

Hi Paul.........I tried your suggestion and entered KJFK/KLAX into the departure/destination. That brought up (I assume) a Flight Plan between these two airports.So far so good. I then hit 1L and received a message reading "Unable to load."I've attached a picture of the relevant screen.May I have your comment?Regards.............Cliff

As mentioned, the flight plan file may use an obsolete route or fix. When the FMS loads the file and then resolves the fixes if there is a mismatch with navdata then the process will fail.This is a pretty straight forward flightplan... just a couple of segments. I recommend not saving the STAR (and SID) when saving flightplans, then attaching those during each preflight. The procedures change with runway in use and occasionally change through revisions (CIVIT being an example).Current popular route is COATE J36 GOOSS J36 BAE DBQ J144 DSM LNK J60 HEC RIIVR2 (see flightaware.com)

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks Dan.Useful information to try.Regards...................Cliff