Sign in to follow this  
blake7

PMDG 747 X off course

No scrren shots but try this and see if this is the culprit ?I found the problem happens after leaving the LNAV and VNAV modes to selcet the FL/CH mode when instructed to either climb or decend ...It happened to me during the DVR 26L departure from EGKK and also tonight on the WILLO4C arrival 26L EGKK.All was fine in the flight until I select the FL/CH mode then select the HDG mode on the autopilot ...Gary B ;o)

Got some shots but this time Kenet 08R departure from EGKK.It does'nt just happen at EGKK and it does happen in both pax and frieght versions ;o(Here are various autopilot cofigurations which are obviously not working out correct :fsx2008-11-2308-06-27-05.jpgfsx2008-11-2308-05-57-24.jpgfsx2008-11-2308-05-16-79.jpgfsx2008-11-2308-04-33-72.jpg

Gary,I've never heard of it being an intermittent problem. I know that some with faulty registry paths have consistent problems with path following.Maybe try to use the Flight 1 registry repair tool (Google it and it should be among the first hits) and see if that helps.

Ok ,I already have the repair tool so will give it a go and see what happens !Thanks,Gary B

I have the same issue, and running the Registry Fix hasn't changed anything. Here is a screenshot I managed to take on my last flight. This seems to happen every flight now as soon as I'm more than 2hrs in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!Cheers,Dan

Hi All, I just got the 747X and it is a great product, My problem however is not concerning the LNAV but the pitch mode VNAV. During cruise with autoflight on VNAV/LNAV the nose would sometimes pitch up and climb for a few thousand feet before remembering what it was supposed to do and slowly finding its way back to my set altitude. Anyone experiencing something similar or having a solution?thanksN.J.D

Just to add to the list of people with this problem, I have exactly the same thing. All's fine for the first 2 hours, then you have to fight it all the way to try and get it to fly straight.It starts by wandering off course, then the bank angle starts getting steeper with each change of direction. Altitude hold then goes and the only way you can get control back is to take over manually, get your heading and height about right and then re-engage to autopilot in HDG and ALT mode.I've tried all the fixes suggested above concerning registry entries, views etc. , but to no avail. I've also tried different AIRACS, but that makes no difference. As has been said above, this is a great product, but I'm afraid that until we get a working fix for this, I'm going to be leaving mine in the hanger for long flights.Maybe after the 737NGX is released, people will have more time to look into this problem.FSX SP2 Accel Win7 32bit

HiAlso does happen here sometimes. Not always though but frustrating when you are half way through a 11 hour flight, when it has gone off course. Oh well, one of life's little misteries

Well I have the same problem here as well. Just yesterday flew from yssy - klax. On the descent in at 11500 ft the thing acted liked it was lost s turning like crazy. It will also get really shifty climbing out of narita. I have read alot about this and no aftermarket stuff here just the 747x the md-11 and a registerd fsuipc. By the way never had the md-11 do this. I really hope someone can find a solution for this nagging problem.Shannon Stewert

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC, enable wind smoothing in the FSUIPC options.

Kyle Rodgers

Same problem here. Experienced it twice once near ToD flying KATL-RJAA and again flying YSSY-YPPH. It S turns like crazy, I get the bank angle warning. What's interesting is I've never experienced this in two years of flying the 744, only this week it started doing it. No weather addons. Details:I was flying 8x at cruise on both flights. Switched to normal 1x for the descent then...First started S turning on LNAV. I activated HDG Sel but the plane ignored it. I disconnect A/P, hand flew the descent for about 2000ft then reconnected. Also cleared the weather during this time. Lets see if we can find some common denominators here. I don't think its weather doing it, based on my experience flying the 744 with the real world weather turned on and in 2x or 4x. I wonder if time acceleration might do it; only this week started flying in 8x, in the past two years never went above 4x. Then again, also flew KDTW-EHAM earlier this week in 8x, no weather turned on. No problem. Lets find the common denominator Andrew

Same problem here. Experienced it twice once near ToD flying KATL-RJAA and again flying YSSY-YPPH. It S turns like crazy, I get the bank angle warning. What's interesting is I've never experienced this in two years of flying the 744, only this week it started doing it. No weather addons. Details:I was flying 8x at cruise on both flights. Switched to normal 1x for the descent then...First started S turning on LNAV. I activated HDG Sel but the plane ignored it. I disconnect A/P, hand flew the descent for about 2000ft then reconnected. Also cleared the weather during this time. Lets see if we can find some common denominators here. I don't think its weather doing it, based on my experience flying the 744 with the real world weather turned on and in 2x or 4x. I wonder if time acceleration might do it; only this week started flying in 8x, in the past two years never went above 4x. Then again, also flew KDTW-EHAM earlier this week in 8x, no weather turned on. No problem. Lets find the common denominator Andrew
Hello All,I think the common denominator is the recent AIRAC cycles, from AIRAC-1008, thorugh several threads from several forums.Cheers,Chris.

Are you using any weather program that simulates wind smoothing, other than FSUIPC? That is likely the cause. Fly without weather for a flight, and I'm guessing you'll see everything work properly.Guys, and AIRAC only includes where waypoints are around the world. Telling the FMC where everything is located is not going to make the AP act weird. That's like telling me that in every case of the flu, the person had fingernails, so fingernails causes the flu.Increasing the sim rate will also make the AP do some crazy things.

Kyle Rodgers