Sign in to follow this  
blake7

PMDG 747 X off course

I also got this weird rolling in AP on the 747. I also only use Rex2 for the weather. It's not happening all the time but most in CRZ altitude from FL300 and above. The MD-11 and the other aircraft are fine.

Hi AllI have been getting the same problem and I think it linked to weather. I have FSX SP2, REX and FSUIPC 4.6. Whenever the PMDG 747 goes above a certain altitude, FL200 (ish) it starts veering wildly off course banking steeply left and right, often nearly stalling. When I 'clear all weather' in FSUIPC it settles down to normal again. Trouble is, that I'm left with no weather at all. The phenomenon is weird in that it doesn't always happen, and not with all aircraft. It only seems to affect the PMDG 747. I hope that doesn't mean 737NGX isn't affected too.Andrew

Hi AllI have been getting the same problem and I think it linked to weather. I have FSX SP2, REX and FSUIPC 4.6. Whenever the PMDG 747 goes above a certain altitude, FL200 (ish) it starts veering wildly off course banking steeply left and right, often nearly stalling. When I 'clear all weather' in FSUIPC it settles down to normal again. Trouble is, that I'm left with no weather at all. The phenomenon is weird in that it doesn't always happen, and not with all aircraft. It only seems to affect the PMDG 747. I hope that doesn't mean 737NGX isn't affected too.Andrew
Do you have the default FSX Turbulence / Thermal Effects diabled? I found that enabling those messed up my PMDG 744, even with FSUIPC wind smoothing set...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Hi evryone,Same here, crazy "S" turns with steeper banks each time. Behavior is also noticed recently (last 2 weeks)Using REX 2. Tried to handfly it - had no other choice really - and it felt I had to fight strong winds. Full aileron opposite direction of banking just wouldn't help.Was also thinking in terms of weather and turbulence. When flying from Tenerife (GCXO) to Fuerte Ventura (GCFV) lots of cumulus clouds but then was flying with no clouds and same behavior reoccured.* It always seem to happen aboved FL 200(-ish).*Only added new AIRAC cycle - but like previous post said that's only waypoints that are updated basically, so do not believe it is related.* More persons are reporint this issue also recently...something in common?

Hi evryone,Same here, crazy "S" turns with steeper banks each time. Behavior is also noticed recently (last 2 weeks)Using REX 2. Tried to handfly it - had no other choice really - and it felt I had to fight strong winds. Full aileron opposite direction of banking just wouldn't help.Was also thinking in terms of weather and turbulence. When flying from Tenerife (GCXO) to Fuerte Ventura (GCFV) lots of cumulus clouds but then was flying with no clouds and same behavior reoccured.* It always seem to happen aboved FL 200(-ish).*Only added new AIRAC cycle - but like previous post said that's only waypoints that are updated basically, so do not believe it is related.* More persons are reporint this issue also recently...something in common?
Do you have the unregistered version of FSUIPC installed?

Do you have the unregistered version of FSUIPC installed?
It doesn't matter if the version is registered or not, I've had this issue for months now with 747 and REX. I've initially used the unregistered version, then purchased it and the problem would not go away. Let me ask you this, do you see any abnormal behavior with the winds at the time of a problem? I do, when I look at the wind indicator it pretty much turns 360 degrees and the wind speed reaches over 200kts, it's completely nuts.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It doesn't matter if the version is registered or not[...]
It does, actually. If it's registered, you can enable wind smoothing, which should solve the problem, no matter what weather program you use.

Kyle Rodgers

It does, actually. If it's registered, you can enable wind smoothing, which should solve the problem, no matter what weather program you use.
Well like drumcode said, I am not sure it does matter, else I would have seen this behavior before (like months, even years before)and just like others I only noticed it recently.However, now I think of it, REX was updated and in FSX the option disable turbulence and ... (can't exactly recall out of memory) was not checked on the fsx weather page.I have unchecked that now - based on advise given in previous post - but still have to test fly it with the 747. For the EMB175 the behavior was also noticed and now is acting as before. So it sounds promissing.

Hello guys,I experienced the same thing on my longhaul flight from VHHH to EDDF today. I was in cruise FL310 and suddenly the aircraft banked from the left to the right, it even got worse until the bank angle warning sounded and I immediately disconnected the autopilot to fly it manually. The AP even stalled the plane and made the plane go into a steep turn with a dive. But it reacted very slowly to my control commands. Also I really had to fight against strong winds, at least it felt like that. The plan banked really slowly although I gave full control inputs. After some minutes of manual flying, approximately ten minutes, I enabled the Autopilot again and the problem wasn´t there anymore. Later on in the appraoch phase to EDDF it happened again. :-( It was really difficult to fly the plane, even manually, because the plane banked very fast, you had almost no chance to correct it.I used IVAO with Real Environment Xtreme + Active Sky Evolution + FSUIPC (Version 4.70b, not registered, so no wind smoothing), latest AIRAC 1106, FSX, Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. I have never experienced this problem before.Mike Fraiser

Hello guys,I experienced the same thing on my longhaul flight from VHHH to EDDF today. I was in cruise FL310 and suddenly the aircraft banked from the left to the right, it even got worse until the bank angle warning sounded and I immediately disconnected the autopilot to fly it manually. The AP even stalled the plane and made the plane go into a steep turn with a dive. But it reacted very slowly to my control commands. Also I really had to fight against strong winds, at least it felt like that. The plan banked really slowly although I gave full control inputs. After some minutes of manual flying, approximately ten minutes, I enabled the Autopilot again and the problem wasn´t there anymore. Later on in the appraoch phase to EDDF it happened again. :-( It was really difficult to fly the plane, even manually, because the plane banked very fast, you had almost no chance to correct it.I used IVAO with Real Environment Xtreme + Active Sky Evolution + FSUIPC (Version 4.70b, not registered, so no wind smoothing), latest AIRAC 1106, FSX, Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. I have never experienced this problem before.Mike Fraiser
Mike,I have raised this with the AIRAC people, Navigraph and this is what they have responded:http://forum.navigraph.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=10403#10403It seems that the recent Navigraph's FMC data has broked the FMC.Cheers,ctruong.

I do not see where Navigraph says that the recent update broke FMC's LNAV.As a matter of fact, I do read that Navigraphs suggest their updates are not the causefor this strange LNAV behavior:Quote from your link:

Hi Ctruong,Above you state the problem occurs with the PMDG 747 without any Navigraph AIRAC updates. So I don't understand why you then say it is an AIRAC update issue, starting with a particular AIRAC update.I looked through the thread you mentioned and didn't see anything suggesting it was a Navigraph AIRAC Update issue other than your own suggestion. If you have specific posts that relate this problem to an AIRAC update please post links so that we assist.CheersIan
Actually if I read this I understand the complete opposite of what you said.

Seriously, guys, I can almost guarantee this is a problem with add-on (and even some FS) weather. Again, messing with a database containing nav waypoints and having it cause autopilot issues in terms of steep banking makes no sense. It's like saying installing a GPS in your car caused it to turn sharply.The only real solution for this banking and "hunting" as it's called is a registered copy of FSUIPC with smoothing enabled. I use ASE without DWC (standard mode) and am fine without FSUIPC in most cases, but standard mode of ASE doesn't mess with the winds too much. If you're having the banking and hunting issue, it's likely because some program is trying to throttle the winds, which causes odd forces on the aircraft, which the autopilot (using correct logic) will interpret as the aircraft not being in the right position, so it banks.Checking the box in FS to disable turbulence will do little to avoid the issue.Using DWC in ASE will make the issue worse.I have no experience with the other weather programs, but they will likely make the issue worse.FSUIPC with wind smoothing will fix it.To test this, and please seriously try this, because I suggested it earlier and nobody seemed to have tried it. Turn all weather off, and try flying a flight. You will likely not experience any of the issues you saw earlier.

Kyle Rodgers

You seem to forget that many of us had NO issues with FSUIPC before - although it was not a registered version.The option disbale turbulence in fsx (weather settings) seems to do the tric. Also for REX you can indicate that one wants to have smoother turbulence.

You seem to forget that many of us had NO issues with FSUIPC before - although it was not a registered version.
You seem to not be reading what I'm writing. If you're going to get snippy, you should make sure you're correct first:It's not an issue with FSUIPC. It is an issue solved by a reg version of FSUIPC. Having it, unregistered, will neither cause nor solve the issue.For those of you with issues of AP hunting, register your FSUIPC and enable wind smoothing. Issue solved. End of story. Will someone just try it and post the result so we can end this debate now?Oh, right...I have. It works.

Kyle Rodgers