Sign in to follow this  
blake7

PMDG 747 X off course

You seem to not be reading what I'm writing. If you're going to get snippy, you should make sure you're correct first:It's not an issue with FSUIPC. It is an issue solved by a reg version of FSUIPC. Having it, unregistered, will neither cause nor solve the issue.For those of you with issues of AP hunting, register your FSUIPC and enable wind smoothing. Issue solved. End of story. Will someone just try it and post the result so we can end this debate now?Oh, right...I have. It works.
It is not about getting snippy. It is about we saying the same thing : bypass FSX.- You do that by paying and registering FSUIPC.- I do that by disable turbelence from within FSX So it is not you against me. There are just two solutions.And I havze the right to explain my solution, just like you have.And people have the right to not register and go by one solution or register and go the other solution.But you did make a very good point that FSUIPC solves the turbulence by wind smoothing or in other words: FSUIPCcorrects a "bug" in FSX.

UIPC with wind smoothing will fix it.To test this, and please seriously try this, because I suggested it earlier and nobody seemed to have tried it. Turn all weather off, and try flying a flight. You will likely not experience any of the issues you saw earlier.
No it will not, I have a registered version and the behavior of the bird does not change. I agree that the problem is related to weather AND the 747 itself, when I fly clear weather and no REX, the problem is not happening. I still didn't hear from anyone about the winds at the time of this issue, are the winds violent or smooth?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It is not about getting snippy. It is about we saying the same thing : bypass FSX.- You do that by paying and registering FSUIPC.- I do that by disable turbelence from within FSX So it is not you against me. There are just two solutions.And I havze the right to explain my solution, just like you have.And people have the right to not register and go by one solution or register and go the other solution.But you did make a very good point that FSUIPC solves the turbulence by wind smoothing or in other words: FSUIPCcorrects a "bug" in FSX.
Understood, and sorry for my misunderstanding.
No it will not, I have a registered version and the behavior of the bird does not change. I agree that the problem is related to weather AND the 747 itself, when I fly clear weather and no REX, the problem is not happening. I still didn't hear from anyone about the winds at the time of this issue, are the winds violent or smooth?
You have it registered, but did not specify you've gone into the FSUIPC settings and set Enable Wind Smoothing. Have you done so? If not, you're right, it won't. You have to go in and set an array of settings beyond that if it still doesn't work. If you go to Google and search, there are a wide array of options and possibilities to set.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello. just to reup this topic as its gone stale.. There is a problem with this and its not activesky, nor is it fsuipc. I get sick of people blaming other software companys, its so unproffessional. Its a conflict with the PMDG, all my other addons work fine, IFLY, Wilco, Leveld and QW757 so less of the shoving blame please. I have the EXACT SAME problem as the other 10 or so people also reporting it, I also had it about 3 months ago.. From memory you have to run the registry tool which im going to do next. Also If i remember rightly you need to run the flight1 reg tool and also delete the scenery index's then when you load fsx it rebuilds the scenery indexs, this is what fixed it for me a few months ago. But its deffo not activesky or fsuipc. Can someone post how to delete the scenery index's please, they are in the user\roaming\ or something i think.. thanks

Had the same problem yesterday on route to KHSV from MMGL, had to keep it on course with the HDNG Select, finally gave up and tried again today, now when I attempt to load the 747400f I,m getting an error message "Flight Plan wo'nt be used, error loading GPS Engine " anyone had this? is it a PMDG or FSX Problem, I,m de-fragging and scanning FSX at the moment, any other ideas would be welcome Thanks Mike

Already ran registry fix... no joy yetwhat are the scenery index's folders to delete???hope we can solve this. :/

This is an issue with magnetic declination. I won't go in to detailed explanation but there is a file in your fsx folder under MicrosoftFlightSimulatorX/Scenery/BASE/Scenery called magdec.bglIf you copy this file and create a new folder on your desktop named magdec/scenery and place the magdec.bgl in the scenery folder and then take the magdec folder you've created with the scenery folder inside of it and place it in your addon scenery folder. Activate it at the top of your library you're magnetic declination will be taken in to account after loading all other scenery/terrain etc. You will not have the wavy plane in the sky issue. She'll fly straight and true.Let me know if it works.

Edited by rkearnes

It appears to have worked for me also, I need to try another flight.......( used real world wx on Sunday with a 95kt varying wind from KORD to KMCO through that nasty front that zipped through the NE.). But she seemed to stay on course!

Edited by adkleaddog

Ok, did another flight, cargo run from BWI to MIA, real world wx, and removed the "magdec fix", but ran the registry fix tool. (also using FSUIPC) normal defaults.No issues noticed so far.....another flight to confirm is in order.

I did the magdec fix and it didn't help, although it did reindex the scenery.This is an issue ONLY with the 747--why are ALL other aircraft addons not having this problem? It tracks at an angle regardless of wind, and the ILS is always taking it off the runway.What's unique about the 747? ALL other addons work perfectly.Thank you.

Full names here please, thank you. You didn't mention if you fixed your registry error.

Dan Downs KCRP