Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

MD11 VOR Freq./ VC zoom

It is only a petitesse but anyway...I like the feature to preselect the VOR freq.the easy way by just entering the 3-ltr code,but on a recent flight I selected NEW - Newcastle. But it said : NOT IN DATABASE. Then I entered the freq 114.25 , it was accepted and on the ND it showed NEW and direction and DME. How come if it is not in the database?As I said - it is not so important...But rather important for me is the following:By selecting the VC it is so big and I cannot zoom it to a more acceptable size - it was no problem in FS9 but in FSX I failed so far - any hint highly appreciated.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterNow CLOSED and history - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

"By selecting the VC it is so big and I cannot zoom it to a more acceptable size"I believe the default key for zooming out is the minus sign. I use the one on the top row of the keyboard and works for me. This assumes you haven't reassigned the key to something else.

Karl,The ident you see on the ND is not retrieved from the database. It is transmitted (as a Morse code sound) by the VOR station itself, and this transmission is de-coded and displayed on the ND. So it is possible for a navaid to be missing from the database but still be tuned and identified. About the VC, just use the minus/plus keys (next to the 0 key on the top row of the keyboard). Or hold down the space key and at the same time move your mouse wheel. BTW, in case you are not aware of that, this is a very handy way to change view angle in the VC: hold down the space key and move the mouse.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Susan27

A Follow-Up:Is there a keystroke-command (combo) for activating/deactivating the PC-keyboard for the MCDU at the MD11? Or is it only possible by clicking on the appropriate space at the left part of the MCDU?