Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

MD11 ABS problem

No, that was a fluke. If you read further, I went back and checked the throttle calibration. In fact I re-calibrated just for testing leaving a huge area for the idle range just to be safe. Still no workie.And, again my 744, and a bunch of other add on's work just fine.-Jason Peters E-3B/C AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest lorenz88

Probably it is not a problem of calibration of our pedals but something in the programmation of the aircraft itself.Am I wrong?Best WishesLorenzo Chiovaro

Not sure. Just have to let the PMDG fellas' take a look, and let us know.I'm no expert on what goes on under the hood of a simulated bird... pretty smart on a real aircraft though. Occupational hazard. ;)I'm satisfied that it's not a configuration issue on my end. It seems to be isolated just to the MD-11. Not to mention, I've triple quadrouple, double checked the related calibrations, and settings. :-lol-Jason Peters E-3B/C AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

>I have the Saitek peddles and my MD-11 works fine under>autobraking. But, I had the same problem you are describing>with the 747. >>To fix it, I let FSUIPC handle the axis and put a check in the>'RAW' section. Checking the 'RAW' section fixed it for me.>Give it a try>>Jeff P. I'll second this fix... it is a reliable cure.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

This problem is not isolated to the MD-11! We have it with the 747X and it still hasn't been fixed.

Jason, I apologise. I admit I didn't read your post properly and jumped the gun. However it's just frustrating for everyone I'm sure, when there are problems with previous products that don't appear to be getting any attention from the developers. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Um Guys, im not sure but if your willing to try, try deleting your FSUIPC.ini file (back it up first), then start flightsim and try if the ABS works this time

Hey, thanks. No hard feelings at all. :)I agree the problems are frustrating, but remember PMDG is only a few great developers who do this on the side. I'm am sure they are giving this as much attention as they can. But, there are endless combinations of user systems, and only so much they can do to attempt to reproduce the problem. I am sure they will come up with a solution in due time. Paitence is key here. Remember, Autobrakes aren't a no-go item on your MEL (minimum equipment list) You should continue to fly the aircraft without this convienient feature, until ramp fellas can get her fixed up. ;-) -Jason Peters E-3B/C AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

>Bryan,>Unfourtunetly, I'm not even using FSUIPC on my rig. I haven't found a >need for it, since the switch to FSX.>Great program though! Was an avid paid user back in FS9 and earlier!So hold on....the PMDG MD11X doesnt need FSUIPC? thats a first

Thats correct, and I'm sure the PMDG fella's will chime in here to verify. It is my understanding that both of the FSX products do not require FSUIPC and were designed to not require it's use. In fact many FSX products do not require it as, Microsoft created the SimConnect .dll to perform the interface function that FSUIPC did for us in the earlier versions of the sim.Again, this is all just my understanding from being around this hobby for a number of years. I'm sure the PMDG guys will elaborate. :)-Jason Peters E-3B/C AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi Jason,You are right, FSUIPC is not needed for FSX. But it's very usefull to get off of the "windproblems" in FSX. It is also very usefull for programming buttons on hardware modules. I'm glad that I bought it and it "solved" a lot of these winddrifts.Best regards,PeterFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Guest lorenz88

Yes, keep flying and we hope that Stuff will solve this problem soon.Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

I agree it can be usefull for a few things. As far as wind problems, specifically in regards to smoothing. ActiveSky does a wonderful job with smoothing the winds. So again no FSUIPC required over here. :)However if it ends up being identified by PMDG as the solution to our autobrake woes, I will end up purchasing again.(Nice how I brought us right back on topic with that last part huh? ;-) )-Jason Peters E-3B/C AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg