Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Bonhomme

Please help with VC head movement!!!

Guest Paul Bonhomme

Guys,This is driving me so crazy. I cannot disable dynamic head movement in the MD-11's virtual cockpit and it's driving me insane. I actually like the effect, but it constantly skews my initial virtual cockpit viewpoint after I enter a roll, climb, descend, etc. I have to endlessly manually re-adjust my viewpoint to be able to read the instruments properly unless I am flying straight and level. In other words, my virtual head moves to a new viewpoint during a roll and stays in the new viewpoint position as if my virtual head 'sticks' wherever gravity puts it. I hate this so much, grrrrr. So far I've tried setting all Dynamic Head movements to '0.00000' in the main User Profile/FSx/FSX.cfg file. No effectI've tried setting the MomentumEffect = No in the User Profile/FSX/camera.cfg virtual cockpit camera view entry file. No effect.I've tried setting the MomentumEffect = No in the main FSX/SimObjects/aircraft/PMDG MD-11x/aircraft.cfg file under virtual cockpit camera view. No effect. I can't stop the initial viewpoint from shifting under movement effects no matter what I try. Does anyone know what's going on? I would really love the momentum effect IF my initial viewpoint were to return after a roll, etc, but again, my head stays stuck in the new 'skewed' viewpoint requiring me to fix the view over and over.Thanks. I'm almost in tears trying to work this out!!!-Paul Bonhomme

Hello PaulI was beginning to think I was the only one...........Hopefully now more than one person has the issue this will get some attention.RegardsStuart

Guest Paul Bonhomme

Hi Stuart,I'm starting to wonder if these head dynamics we are both experiencing are actually built-in to the PMDG MD-11's flight model itself? A possibility, and this would explain a lot in regards to the things we've both tried to fix this.I know Realair incorporated such with both of their FS9 and FSX Spitfire aircraft. The head movement dynamics are 'built-in' to the flight model/air file itself in this instance.-Paul Bonhomme

I noticed that too. Practically you have to adjust your seat position with the marker (these two white lines) on the FO panel after every curve. Quite annoying.Alex

Guest Paul Bonhomme

I posted on the other thread....

Well at least nobody can complain about starting a new topic on this.To the trp (thread revival poster): do a forum search for "momentum effect"That's the best you'll be able to get it.