Sign in to follow this  
Guest ESA1178

Getting Weirder MD11 FMC Freeze

Guest ESA1178

I have found some posts regarding the FSX freeze when clicking on the LSK 1R button for the MD11 FMC. This ONLY happens to me when I click that button. If I click on LSK 1L for CO ROUTE, I have no problems.Anyone find a fix?VISTA BUSINESS8800 GTS4GB RAMMark

Guest ESA1178

40 looks and no ideas? Sigh!Hope I dont' have to reinstall..Grrrr!Mark

Guest ESA1178

Reinstalled MD11, FSX still freezes when selecting LSK 1R...Mark

Mark, Give us some information about your problem. Are you referring to the F-PLN INIT page when you try to enter origin destination ICAO codes? Give us a description of the exact actions you make and the symptoms. Also: XP or Vista? PC specs (CPU and RAM)Are navdata files properly installed at {FSX}/PMDG/Navdata? What is the REF->AC STATUS page displaying under the "ACTIVE DATABASE" field? How many flight plans files (.rte and .rt2 extensions) are there in the {FSX}/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder?How many flight plans files (.pln extensions) are there in the "My Documents/Flight Simulation X" folder?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest ESA1178

>Mark, >>Give us some information about your problem. >Are you referring to the F-PLN INIT page when you try to enter>origin destination ICAO codes? >>Give us a description of the exact actions you make and the>symptoms. >>Also: >>XP or Vista? >PC specs (CPU and RAM)>Are navdata files properly installed at {FSX}/PMDG/Navdata? >What is the REF->AC STATUS page displaying under the "ACTIVE>DATABASE" field? >How many flight plans files (.rte and .rt2 extensions) are>there in the {FSX}/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder?>How many flight plans files (.pln extensions) are there in the>"My Documents/Flight Simulation X" folder?>OK Michael:Yes the F-PLN INIT 1/3 PageIE: KOAK/KBOS entry LSK 1RIf I try to enter any ICAO PAIR CODES I get a hand instead of the mouse cursor. I can still here the engines, but have to close restart FSX. This does not happen if I click LSK 1R without and ICAO pair. Just get NOT ALLOWED (which is normal).WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESSAMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL CORE 4400+ 2.20 GHz3GB RAMNAVDATA.jpg39 Flight Plan files in FSX/PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS (.rte)36 Flight Plan files in Documents/Flight Simulation X Files (.rte)I am building plans in FSBUILD and exporting. Many thanks Michael for your help!Mark

Guest ESA1178

FANFARE!TADA!!!Not sure what happened. I think because I did not have FSX XML checked for in FSBUILD the export. Now it works fine!At least future queries regarding PMDG MD11 and export issues can be helped by my scenerio....Thanks to all who assisted. I'm off to kick the tires of my beautiful MD11..Have a great weekend!Mark

Quick follow up:Posted Nov-14-08 for FSBuild export problem."FSBUILD works with out any problem. Make sure open FSB "Export to:"menu and check the followings before/after you complete your flight route:1-FS2004/FSX2-FSX(xml)3-PMDG 737/747(MSFS)Open and complete the FSX Flight plan.Then you open the MD-11X FMC and enter "KJFKKALB" (example) to Co Route.RegardsSanal"*** This is correct as is. ***..........................................................We also addressed the export problem in the FSBuild forum:When a flight plan is built, FSBuild can export to variousdirectories in various formats.FSbuild can export .pln in FS9 or xml formats to the MSFSXflight plans directory.FSBuild can also export .rte format (normal PMDG default)to the PMDG flight plans directory. For CO route.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW