Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

KLM MD11 Cost Index

Guest lorenz88

What is the actual CI used by KLM in their MD11?Thanks a lotBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest rellehenk

Normally 50. Sometimes a higher cost index is used (150 or 250) for on time arrival.

>Must have changed a lot in the last say 2 months since fuel>prices plummeted.Michael J.No, still the same CI figures I used some years ago.Even if fuel would cost you nothing, an increase of the CI is also limited by Mmo.CI 250 is realy close to it already.Regards,Harry

Guest lorenz88

So...what do they use? 50 for normal operation and something more for on-time or 250?I confess that I'm still a bit confused.Forgive my low capabilities to understand english sometimes...Thanks a lot anyway:)Waiting for delucidationsBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

>Normally 50. Sometimes a higher cost index is used (150 or>250) for on time arrival.hmmm interesting, wouldnt it be more feasible to use the RTA function of the MCDU? I mean wouldnt fuel burn be a bit more, using a high cost index constantly, instead of allowing the plane to calculate a speed that would reach on time instead of flying constantly at a high speed calculated by the high CI?

Guest rellehenk

Yes, cost index 50 for normal operations.Higher cost indexes are used if we need to fly faster to arrive on time (because of a delay or more than average headwind for example).

Guest lorenz88

Thanks a lot!! Very kind.Do you intend "we" because you are a real KLM MD11 pilot??Lorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

I asked it to you because I should need somethings about where to get an MD11 type rating...If you want you can also send me a private message...Thanks a lot anywayLorenzo Chiovaro