Sign in to follow this  
Guest earendil1234

PMDG Boeing 744 - VOR problem

Guest earendil1234

Hi all, I have been experiencing problems with identifying some VOR in the ND for some unknown reason. It does not show the CDI needle and the green RMI needle, however DME is shown.The radio frequency is properly set in the FMC and the correct setting is applied in the glareshield (that is the VOR display for the ND) but there is only DME showing and no CDI nor the station identification morse code.http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/adhikalee/CKG.jpgThe problem is sometimes solved by loading another airplane, say the default Cessna 172, and after that loading the PMDG Boeing 744. This is the screenshot after doing this trick:http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/a...lee/CKG_now.jpgHowever this only happens for several VOR stations. For example, in WIII airport, only CKG and HLM could not be detected (these two VORs could be detected from ground), however BND which is 60 nm away could be detected.http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/adhikalee/BND.jpgThere is also another case after loading another aircraft and loading the PMDG 744, the station ID suddenly could not be identified anymore after I start up my engine. I have tried to look at my startup checklist, procedures and sequence, and nothing seems to be wrong there. Could somebody help me in this?Thanks!Regards,Adhika

Good Day Micheal and AdhihaI to am having the same issue (no Green Vor Needles), but just to let you both know I have never installed FSNN or FSCopilot, so there is something else going on that is not directly related to FSNN and FS Copilot.

Hi thereI have also been experiencing this problem lately. I get a DME but no course or identification for the VOR/DME. It seems to change after a restart of flight simulator. I couldn't pick up PU VOR/DME coming into WSSS the other day, but the next day when I continued to EGLL, I could pick it up fine. LON VOR/DME only showed a DME on the way in though. Very strange.Only add-ons I use are Radar Contact 4 and Activesky 2004.5. Never used the other two mentioned above.Hopefully there's a solution to this rather annoying problem?CheersRudy