Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

Question about MD11..?

Guest Totalbeginner

There's something I just don't get... In such a highly automated aircraft, I don't understand why the commanded speed from the FMC (magenta circle) is allowed to penetrate the yellow high speed caution tape during departure. Surely in such an advanced aircraft the commanded speed should remain below the flap limit until the flaps are retracted. If you take no action (ie don't retract the flaps), the aircraft will accelerate into the yellow band, and then high-speed protection will take over???Regards,Martin Neep

How much flap are you using?Most complaints are the opposite; e.g., falling airspeed and low speed protection during takeoff. Regardless, she needs to be hand flown until target airspeed is established then let otto take her.

Dan Downs KCRP

Martin,FMS speed doesn't go into the amber band. There's an outlined magenta circle to indicate that the FMS would LIKE to place the speed there but it can't.I haven't seen the actual FMS speed going into the amber band ever, not on the real aircraft and not on the PMDG version. Under rare circumstances you'll get the outlined magenta circle in the amber band but the airplane will not stall itself.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Hello Markus,This case is refering to acceleration into the Upper Amber Band.Hence the link above, where this item was discussed before.Regards,Harry

Guest Totalbeginner

>Martin,>>FMS speed doesn't go into the amber band. There's an outlined>magenta circle to indicate that the FMS would LIKE to place>the speed there but it can't.>I haven't seen the actual FMS speed going into the amber band>ever, not on the real aircraft and not on the PMDG version.>Under rare circumstances you'll get the outlined magenta>circle in the amber band but the airplane will not stall>itself.>>MarkusIn that case, where am I going wrong?http://martinneep.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p328237383-4.jpgMartin Neep

Guest Totalbeginner

Ah, I see... all understood.Martin