Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Difficulty entering my own Flight Plan into the MD-11 ...

Don't takeoff without green box.The trim has to be manually set for takeoff. Use the main (engines) SD display to move the trim indicator into the green range. The exact trim to use is provided when you set the takeoff INIT screen and set the Vspeeds.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931

I'm moving in the right direction as I now realise that the parking brake must be set before take off.As the problem hasn't been licked yet please be good enough to expand on:1. You say "Use the main (engines) SD display to move the trim indicator into the green range." I see no green range next to the round trim handle. The first attachment refers.2. You note that "The exact trim to use is provided when you set the takeoff INIT screen and set the Vspeeds". On the Take OFF page (attached) headed "Take Off EGLL RW27L" which is the relevant figure for me to set? 3. The Manual says "Observe the Green Box appearing on the EAD indicating that the take-off configuration is complete". (The EAD is the "Engine and Alert Display.) Is that the display in the third attachment?Regards..............Cliff

Cliff,In your screenshots I see some much more serious problems than missing the green box. The 3 DUs are blank, the whole glareshield is missing the gear handle is missing etc. I also think I see the part of the VC behind the 2D panel. How are you switching between VC and 2D view? You should use F10 (2D) and F9 (VC) or select Cockpit/VC form the FS pop-up menu when you right click anywhere on the screen. Using instead the FS menu instrument panel or the Shift+(number) shortcut can be the cause of the the problems I see in your screenshots.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Is that the display in the third attachment?No, that is the SD display for the engine; but note in the display you have STAB 4.7, which is you trim and it is in the green range albeit a little high.You can also switch between 2D and VC using the A key... it cycles between several VC views and the 2D view but I use it because it is a simple Shift+A to go VC to 2D and A to go 2D to VC. I use 2D for preflight since it is easy to use hot spots to pull up subpanels.The green box will appear in the bottom center of this display the display to the left. See intro pg AGEN 10.4

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931

Michael you've solved a problem that I had thought to be an unsolvable bug in my computer.I'd been accessing 2D and VC with Shift 2. Using F9 and F10 is a revelation and makes this baby so much easier to handle.And locating the green/white box is now a doddle.Thank you so much.Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

You're nudging me towards a solution to this stabilizer problem.In my tutorial flight the STAB figure is now 3.8 and the Manual requires that we should "Verify/Set STAB trim as required for take off".How do we set it to whatever STAB figure is shown in the FMC. In this case 3.8.The answer to this question presumably solves the problem.Regards.............Cliff

<>Trim changes the STAB value. You may have buttons on your controller mapped to trim, or Number 7 and 1 on the number pad, or using the mouse in the VC cockpit over the trim wheel.

Dan Downs KCRP

True, the trim wheel animation does not work when using the keyboard to set trim (or joystick buttons), and the trim wheel is really a spring loaded lever that returns to middle but affects trim change while held off center. Regardless of method, the STAB value should change on the SD Engine display and the arrow should move left or right. You want the trim indicator to be within the green range of the horizontal line, and the trim value to be a green number. I think you are making this too difficult... When the trim is in the green you are good to go.

Dan Downs KCRP