Sign in to follow this  
Guest bearste

Beautiful at night, Skeleton by day!

Guest bearste

Hey guys.Just a quick one for ya...I own both the PMDG 747-400X (Absolutely incredible in every facet), and the MD-11 (Stunning!) and have a small problem. I have been "perusing" the forum and have seen lots of topics related to the issues I have been having, but one still boggles me.First of all, I am running FSX on Vista 64 bit with 2 X 280 GTX cards and a quad core OC'd to 3.6. I am using the DX10 "preview".I originally had the 747 installed, and after installing the MD-11, as advertised I had some major issues. The 747 became unusable, so I did what all good simmers did and came to the forum. The best advice I got was to uninstall both the MD-11 and 747, and delete the dll.xml file. I did all that, and it seemed to restore the 747 and the MD-11 to new!So that worked...however, most of my MD-11 flying has been at night (cargo) and the outside visuals have been very impressive. However, after completing a long flight and landing in the morning, my aircraft turned in to a skeleton! After much testing, I have found that at night the MD-11 is completely "intact", but during the day, the outside fuselage becomes transparent. The tail (vertical stabilizer), most of the wings (except the inboard flaps), are still there, but everything else is gone. It is actually pretty cool for the first couple of minutes, but then the reality sets in.Any suggestions? I actually looked in the 747 FAQ and it mentioned something about this, but it required a complete re-install of FSX and that does not sound too exciting to me.Thanks in advance, you guys are the best!Jon

Guest bearste

OK, So I accidentally turned off "Light Bloom" under the Settings-Display Menu and my aircraft reappeared intact?! Is this a known issue, or am I crazy? I have never turned that setting off, and just wondering what you guys thought about it...Again, the only setting I ended up changing was the de-selecting of "Light Bloom"! I hope someone is having the same problem I am having and this helps them out!Thanks again,Jon

i would suggest you upgrade your graphics card drivers, as the MD11 requires the latest GPU drivers.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest bearste

That is a good point, however I actually upgraded them before I installed the A/C. The cards are the latest technology, with the newest drivers. Oh well, the Light Bloom was getting annoying anyway!Thanks again!Jon

Jon,I think you didn't notice Clayton's tongue in his cheek. He forgot to use a smiley at the end of his post. It looks like you have a great system, but way better than what FSX can use.Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

JonI do not think that the PMDG MD-11 is guaranteed to work in DX10 mode. You may want to verify this with Ryan Masiarz and the other PMDG guys (as I certainly can't speak for them). As you may know, DX10 Preview in FSX has various "issues", and you are finding out about some of them from the sound of it.I like to do cargo runs at night in the MD-11, too. :) There's something about those night runs--can't quite explain it...RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest bearste

You guys are awesome...I must admit PMDG makes an incredible product. I have the CS 757 also, and the support, sound, and overall package (especially the FMC) pales in comparison with PMDG...Thanks again for the help...sounds like FSX has lots of "tweaks"!Jon

Captains,We are actively exploring this issue, as it has showed up with a handful of users. This thread is fairly helpful as we did not realize "bloom" settings had any effect on the issue (this is not a universal problem, so it is difficult to test without the help of users who are experiencing it.Hopefully, we will have a fix for this by the time we release a service pack for the PMDG MD-11 for FSX.Best,http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest bearste

>Captains,>>We are actively exploring this issue, as it has showed up with>a handful of users. This thread is fairly helpful as we did>not realize "bloom" settings had any effect on the issue (this>is not a universal problem, so it is difficult to test>without the help of users who are experiencing it.>>Hopefully, we will have a fix for this by the time we release>a service pack for the PMDG MD-11 for FSX.>>Best,>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...er_MD11_Vin.jpgAnd that's why I will exclusively buy PMDG products from now on...the support is amazing. Believe me, I'm not complaining about the "Light Bloom" thing, in fact I accidentally stumbled upon it and thought it was sometimes "overkill" anyway.Thanks again Vin, and have a great day!Jon