Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FS2002 Weather Problem

Can anyone help me with an annoying problem. when using fs2002 real weather, the default aircraft all show the corrcet temperature at say 33000 ft of approx -45C, but using any of the PSS aircraft, or more importantly the DF 737, it reports a far higher Temp of -20C or so. On changing back to a default aircraft it again show the correct Temp. This temperature difference is also noticible during the climb, and really affects performance. I am running FSUIPC 2.87.Any IdeasThank you

Guest nirvana

could it be possible, that the display in the df 737 shows

no, it's not a fahrenheit thing, as at ground level, the temperatures are the same in the learjet, and the df737

Guest RonB49

I think what you are seeing is TAT. I believe that stands for total air temperature (someone help me out here if I'm wrong). TAT decreases as speed increases, so in a jet flying at jet-like speeds TAT is lower that OAT (outside air temperature). I used to know the formula; it was posted on a forum by fsenged@aol.com. I don't know if Dennis S is still around these forums or not but if he is perhaps he'll post the fromula again. R-