Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

MD11 OOM Problems Uhhh!

Ok I was reading around about other people with this problem and some potential fixes, I have a huge headache now. LOL. I have:Vista 32 Bit Ultimate SP1 INSTALLEDFSX SP1 and SP2Intel Quad O'Ced at 3.46ghz4GB Ram8800GTX I only get OOMS with this plane usually around 20 minutes after Takeoff.I am really exhausted with the whole tweak this tweak that ordeal, I just want to fly. I read about something called a 3gb Switch but IDK if its for XP or Vista. Do you think that would be an optimal fix? I need some help and am just to exhausted to try every tweak I read, so if you guys could help by narrowing it down or telling me which ones worked the best I'd really appreciate it.Angelo

Angelo Try this: run cmd as administrator Then type this: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 I had OOM issues before and this seems to have solved the problem! Good Luck Leonardo

Hi thereSet the 3GB switch on Vista 32bit with 4GB RAM as follows:Courtesy of NickN's guide on Simviation:WINDOWS VISTA 32BIT ONLY:1. Open a command prompt with Administration rights. You find the command prompt box under "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt"2. Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator".3. Enter in the box at the prompt: (copy/paste if you wish)bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560and press enter4. RebootTO set that back to default in VISTA just start the command line prompt with Admin right again and type:bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2048Hit enter and reboot---Try this out and see if it helps. The switch allowed me to complete 2 odd hour flights with the MD-11 with no problems. Longer than that I cannot vouch for personally.Konrad

Konrad

Thank you so much both of you guys, Its fixed I applied your tweak into bcdedit and that did it wow, I the happiest camper now LOL. :)Angelo

Guest D17S

I'm Sooo proud of ya'll! But I feel so unused. Let's see, what's else is broke? Come on, the darn thing can't be perfect.

Hey SamI'm sure well find something for you soon! In the meantime enjoy the break from the MD-11 OOM post...Konrad

Konrad