Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

3 Great Releases: Just 1 I can't stop flying!

Guest Boone

After eagerly awaiting 2 of the 3 recent releases (Project Airbus' A320, Simubuild's A340, Mike Stone's 727) I find myself drawn to the one a looked forward to the least, the one that doesn't have all the bells and whistles on it!, the 727. Funny that?Anyone else in the same boat or plane as the case may be?Regards, Boone - Please don't get me wrong I absolutely love the other two and am in debt to the creators, but that little 727 is something special... - - And it's not a Boeing thing, nor a frame rate thing, maybe it's just a charming sort of sentimental thing? Anyone else... just curious

Guest Niels_C

Hi there Boone,The Airbus Pro is the best thing that has happened to MSFS so farif you ask me, and I'll try out simubuilds A340 today (even if Ihaven't got a suitable panel).Even if I am not by a long shot a Boeing fan I expect to try outthe 727, and given Mike's track record it will probably go downwell with me. Also, I must agree with my old man that the 727 isa beautiful bird, IMHO probably the best looking B by far.(Before anyone gets going, I do have PSS-777 and DF-737 andgleefully take them out for a spin).Fly safe, all!-Niels Christiansen

For me it's Mike Stone's Beech 1900D.No VC and 2D panel combo so I don't actually fly it anywhere but I do open it in spot view and drool. :-)Man, I would pull out the credit card for this one done in a complete package. Are you listening FSD ? :-) :-) :-yellow1SteveCYYZ

Guess what I agree with you :)Exept the Flying bit ! Everytime mike brings out a new aircraft it shouts "PAINT ME" and I know there will be no flying for me for another few months lolBut Mikes planes are Very atractive and t least this 727 will keep me of the B1900 for a while :)Anniette xxxxxxxx

Guest TimD

>For me it's Mike Stone's Beech 1900D. >No VC and 2D panel combo so I don't actually fly it anywhere >but I do open it in spot view and drool. :-) >>Man, I would pull out the credit card for this one done in a >complete package. Are you listening FSD ? :-) :-) >:-yellow1 We're thinking about it. But right now we are kind of log-jammed with projects. We need to get the Seneca, the Porter and the Navajos out first. Then we will look at some new projects.Thanks for keeping us in mind. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif

Hey Boone:I've got all three and have had the best luck with the A340. I love Mike's planes, in fact, I have and fly them all, but for some reason, at least on my system, the airfile included with the 727's didn't feel or behave quite right, so I've been on a quest to try and find a suitable one. Unfortunately, of the three I've tested, I cannot seem to eliminate the bobbing and irregular pitching I get in normal flight.....maybe a conflict with the third party panel I'm using (the nice one from an AeroArgentinas 727 package that came out a few weeks back)or some other software I have running in the background, I don't know. I sure wish Stephan Ahlberg would release his 727 panel for FS 2002 soon! The Project Airbus A320 is just lovely but a bit of a framerate killer on my 1 GHz, 640 MB RAM, GeForce II 64 MB video card Dell and despite conservative slider settings in FS 2002. I'm not sure I know why. Anyone else with similar system specs experienceing this? Anyway, I'm not griping. Part of what I've always loved about this hobby is the experimentation and tweaking to find that just-right combination of plane-panel-sound and airfiles. What a blast. Thanks all you talented designers!Alex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I must say I'm more of an Airbus fan, and thus love both the SB A340 and PA A320, but coincidentally the 727 is also ranking among my favourite planes. Did not download it just yet, since I had a few other things to do over the past few days, but I will certainly do so soon. All in all I think it would be valid to say that we are currently having bright times for FS! :DI really hope we'll see Simubuild's MU-2 soon, despite their temporary shutdown :-( ...