Sign in to follow this  
Guest Collezio

MD11 Black screen after "ALT" button

Guest Collezio

Hello guys, I wanted to congratulate you for the wonderful Add-on !I also wanted to tell you that I have this problem, in practice when they are full screen, but also in windows mode, whether during the flight hit the button "ALT" to open the toolbar and see the map or otherwise,because on opening a new window in FSX, then the screen goes black and I do not see the airplane and will the scenery .. I see everything in black mode that windows in full screen and I have to restart FSX.I always have this problem and fly without opening windows in FSX!This is My PC:CPU: Intel Core 2 Q6700 Moyherboard: ASUS P5E3 Del. Wi-fi DDR3RAM: OCZ 4GB DDR3Graphic: Asus Nvidia 8800GTS 640M driver 180.48 certifiedSO: Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1Solution ?Thnak You !

Guest Collezio

No response? Any advice?

This sounds like the "OOM" problems some of us have when switching from full screen to windowed mode. It seems to coincide with times when the Virtual Size of FSX is approaching or above 2Gb as reported by Sysinternals. But whether or not this is coincidence, nobody out here seems to know and PMDG have stayed silent.So far as I am aware, it is a problem unique to PMDG products. But PMDG has said nothing about it. Given that it only happens with PMDG products, my own suspicion is that something in the PMDG models is causing a memory leak, or a conflict with DX9, but that's just a hunch. People have found a variety of solutions, such as turning down/off scenery options etc to reduce the memory load. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works for me. For me, the only work-around is to avoid switching from full screen to windowed mode. Even then, I am not confident that I could avoid a black screen in a long flight; and I am in fact quite likely to get a black "preview" screen when I've finished the flight and gone back to the FSX opening screen.Tim

Guest Collezio

I with my PC I have no problems OOM, is only one problem I have with me the MD11 in DX9. I noticed that using DX10 is not the problem, but I have other strange problems with the MD11 aircraft lights.Strange but nobody says anything ...

I get the same symptoms as you describe, with no OOM error messages. It may have nothing to do with memory: nobody around here really seems to know what the matter is. Tim

Guest Zenra

I recently got the MD-11 and am experiencing this issue, too. It is not just when Alt-Tabbing to another program (such as to the PMDG Load Manager), but can happen anytime I exit the DX view, such as when going back to FSX to change weather or to load a panel state from the PMDG Add On menu. It does not happen every time, but probably at least 1/3 of the time, and the only way to recover is to restart the flight from a save point.The first time I had the problem I searched here and read the speculation that the cause could be OOM errors, so I upgraded to 4Gb, which paid terrific dividends in terms of overall performance but did nothing to aleviate the blank screen problem. So, are there any other ideas for what might be causing this and what might be done about it? Something in this thread suggested it might be a DX9 issue - does anybody have more info on this?Thanks,Mitchell

Guest Collezio

It unfortunately when performing any operations in FSX. But it is possible that none of PMDG Team responding? I have several add-on aircraft and the problem ce I only with the MD11! I have a problem with the B1900, I do not see the fuselage but I see only the panel!But that is not native to FSX.

Guest Mower

This has been an issue for years, with FS9 too.Much speculation, many proposed solutions, I have yet to see it resolved.Only way to really avoid it is (a) do not alt tab (:( do not switch to windowed mode or vice versa © do not go into the FSC config options while in the the 3d world.

Hi,the problem you describe is a known Nvidia graphics driver issue. As mentioned in the Nvidia manuals, using the "ALT" button to leave FSX doesn

"Alt+Tab" is not the same as "Alt+Enter". Nvidia drivers have a problem with the former, but NOT the latter - at least, so far as anyone has ever suggested before. And besides, this problem only occurs with PMDG models. Tim

Guest Collezio

>"Alt+Tab" is not the same as "Alt+Enter". Nvidia drivers have>a problem with the former, but NOT the latter - at least, so>far as anyone has ever suggested before. And besides, this>problem only occurs with PMDG models. >>TimQuote !!!!

I've posted before in other threads about this problem and the cure: Set LOD range to medium, in display settings. The problem might have something to do with a limit on polygon count that can be processed/textured. My thoughts: The round FSX earth is build from polygons and setting a high LOD range in combination with a aircraft like MD-11 (extreme high polygon counts in VC and maybe model too) is simply too much to process for some systems.Anyway, LOD range to medium cured the problem completely for me.Regards, Gerrit

Guest Collezio

Sorry, I don't understand.As you changed setting in FSX?Sorry for my english !

In FSX, Display setting, scenery tab, top left slider.Sorry for my English too :)Regards, Gerrit

Guest Collezio

>In FSX, Display setting, scenery tab, top left slider.>>Sorry for my English too :)>>>Regards, >>Gerrit:)And do you have solved doing this?