Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

MD-11 and Navigraph 0812 Problem

I upgraded the flight computer on the MD-11 with Navigraph 0812 AIRAC for PMDG (all). When choosing a STAR at KORD, after I select the runway (32L), the STAR list changes from the usual entries (OXI4, etc.) to a list of runways. If I select one of these runways to see what happens, FSX just freezes. I have tried re-downloading and installing the AIRAC but the result is the same. I got no help or suggestions contacting Navigraph support, although they did respond promptly. Other airports, such as KSTL, do not seem to have this problem. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a solution?Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

KORD runways are updated at KORD now.They have new runways.Dan Downs has SID/STAR available for cycle 0812 at AVSIM library.Download and they will replace Navigraph ones .. may solve problem!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I could reproduce the same problem. It should give you a list of STARs instead of runways and then crashes.A quick inspection of the file didn't reveal a problem, but I am going to play with it and see if I can track down why it doesn't work. Thanks for the puzzle.I've tested mine with Navigraph's 0812 cycle and it gives runways and STARs, should only be STARs. It is something not so obvious.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did a quick check of MPDG737-800 KDTW-KORD Navigraph Cycle0812 FS9.Checked a few "new" rwy STAR combinations ... FMC looked ok on this quick test.The KORD STARs are for "All" runways.Does the MD11 have a max number of runways ILS/RNAV it can handle?KORD just got a couple new ones.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Roger that... the 737/747 work fine with the navigraph kord.txt; however, the MD11 will lockup on star select with either navigraph or my custom procedures. Took 30 min to find and verify, it could be that more than 23 approaches cause unexpected behavior. I've posted a note to the bug report system for the pros to evaluate the problem. Meanwhile, the attached zip file contains a kord.txt file that works with the MD11 but it is missing a couple of RNAV (GPS) approaches. Please use this until the problem gets sorted out.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Dan! I'm glad I wasn't seeing things or following the wrong procedures.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077