Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

Reinstall 747 (FS9)??

Last night I tried two short flights (KSEA-KSFO - 600nm) in the 747. Both times I had trouble with small issues, but the one that I noticed most was the thrust mode not switching from TO to CLB to CRZ. The FMC seemed to verify this. When I opened the VNAV page, the default page would be the wrong page (during cruise FMC opened to climb).Should I reinstall and if so, which I think I should, will the last update patch file do the trick??

Reinstall probably not necessary. It is more likely that you leveled off at the MCP altitude but the flight plan had a higher altitude. Next time check for this when you level off but stay in CLB. Not sure about the switching from TO to CLB... one problem at a time please :)

Well, the switch from CLB to CRZ is likely, but I know for a fact the switch from TO1 never occured. I had to manually switch in the FMC from TO1 to CLB. The odd part was I entered FL310 into my CRZ altitude but the flight plan entered in FL390 to the legs. I don't remember that happening before, only mentioned in the VNAV page (?) to step climb. In my effort to see if the thrust mode problem still persisted, I restarted the sim and computer to fly again. This time I entered FL390 into my CRZ altitude and the step climb issue, if that was one, was gone, but the thrust mode still stayed on TO1.