Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

MD-11 Prototype Progress

Sorry, not seeing the FedEx reference. First delivered airframe went to Finnair. Also, from the images on the web site I don't see the main deck cargo door. Maybe my old eyes just ain't seeing it?

first and second prototypes were for fedex (N111MD and N211MD) , and had the left cargo door aleady installed, but stayed with MDD for testing until Jan 1991. The first MD-11 delivered to a customer was the 9th aircraft built and went to Finnair. In the link I sent you earlier, you can barely see the rain rail above the cargo door in the picture of N111MD crossing the highway at long beach. You can also see the gap in the pax windows accomodating the door frame.Hope this helps,here's a lightly clooser shot of the same pic.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/194726.jpgGary

Gary,I bow to your explanation and I'll add the cago door.Thanks.

Any news on this livery ?Deniz

Any progress on this paint? Just wondering.Thanks, Gary

Gary.'Fraid this has become a non-starter :-(I could not find any references I could use for placement of customer stickers so it's languishing on my hard drive.If I find some clear reference images of what and where these stickers were placed then I will finish and release it.Sorry.Pete "Mac Paint"PMDG Graphic Designer

Any progress on this paint? Just wondering.Thanks, Gary

Gary.'Fraid this has become a non-starter :-(I could not find any references I could use for placement of customer stickers so it's languishing on my hard drive.If I find some clear reference images of what and where these stickers were placed then I will finish and release it.Sorry.Pete "Mac Paint"PMDG Graphic Designer
Thanks for the info Pete.If I find anything, I'll send it over.Cheers, Gary