Sign in to follow this  
trisager

MD-11 vs 400X

I am very favorably impressed by the MD-11, in particular the overall high quality and the excellent FPS i get with this plane. I am thinking of getting the 400X as well, and I was wondering if someone who owns both would comment on how they compare. I'm particularly interested in the visual quality of the 2D and virtual cockpits, and how FPS in the 400X compares with the MD-11.Thanks,Tom

Hello Tom,I have been using the 747 in FS9 and FSX and just recently got the MD-11. I have a 3GHz Core2Duo 2Gb RAM and a GF8800GTS 320Mb running WinXP. My initial impression of the MD-11 is that the 2D panels are really very good indeed, far in excess of almost anything I have seen before in MS Flight Sim. The 2D panels in the 747 are very good too just not quite so good as the new standard set by the MD-11. As far as the 3D virtual cockpit is concerned I prefer the 747X to the MD-11, I am not sure the reason for this, maybe the MD-11 is new and so different to the 747 that I havn't got used to it yet.As for frame rates, I would think that if you get good fps with the MD-11 then you'll be happy with the 747 even if you find it slightly slower.Best wishes,Peter.

The 400X is going to be slower FPS, I won't lie and say that it will be as fast. You can get it to be very acceptable though in my experience, it's definitely not unflyable or anything like that and as with most addon planes, the FPS is worst near airports, at lower altitudes etc. We programmed the MD-11 panel and displays in a completely different way that proved to be much quicker. Future products (NG 2.0, A320 etc) will have that newer system or something even better.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for your responses, very helpful. I'm downloading the 400X now, and I'm looking forward to my first flight tonight :)Tom