Sign in to follow this  
trisager

MD-11 procedure turns

I've been trying to build an approach that involves a procedure turn in the FMS. However, the text "procedure turn" on the lateral revision page for the waypoint where the procedure turn begins is dimmed and I get the response "Not Allowed" if I press the LSK.The FMS manual says (on page FMS.100.1) that "..insertion of procedure turns in the flight plan will be covered", but I can't seem to find the topic anywhere.Is the "procedure turn" feature of the FMS implemented? If so, can you help me understand how to use it?Thanks,Tom

Tom,The "dimmed" text indicates that procedure turns are not modeled in our simulation. Actually this is the only entry of the real MD-11 MCDU that is not modeled (in addition to the the ACARS related pages and some maintenance stuff). We might consider adding this in future updates.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Last I checked, no other sidstar procedure source includes procedure turns except me. All locations in my collection of 68 US airports include procedure turns where charted. However, these are build from pseudofixes in the same manner other arcs are modeled, and there is not a pratical method to do this in the FMS (only the procedure files).However, that doesn't prevent them from being flown with manual changes to HDG and a timer, which is the only way they are flow real world to my knowledge.

Dan Downs KCRP

>We might consider adding this in future updates. This would be great.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO