Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Airways 747 FMC entries on the left . In the MD-11?

Guest cliffie1931

In the 747 FMC we enter Airways on the left and Wayoints on the right.Am I correct that in the MD-11 both Airways and Waypoints are entered on the left only?Cliff

Nope... Airway left and fix right on the LAT NAV page when entering an airway string. You can do multiple things on the LAT NAV page, one of which is the airway string. You can also enter a NEXT FIX which is a direct to fix. This page is also used to select SIDS/STARS and approaches.Enter an airway in the airway field, and it creates a new field on the right side of the same row to enter fix. After you enter fix it creates and new row and a field on the left side to enter next airway, and so on.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Enter an airway in the airway field, and it creates a new>field on the right side of the same row to enter fix. After>you enter fix it creates and new row and a field on the left>side to enter next airway, and so on.FYI:Its even more Automated:Once you enter an Airway, two new fields are created:Via Airway field at left side and a To (Fix) field right side.It is possible to enter the next airways in sequence at the left, the right To fixes will be filled automatic at the airway crossing points.Only for the last Airway you enter, an end fix has to be entered.Hope it helps,Regards,Harry

Guest cliffie1931

More to chew on.......it seems endless but, equally, endlessly enjoyable.Thanks.Regards................Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

How do we access the LAT NAV page Dan? I've scoured the FMS Manual but can't find mention of it there.Cliff

Cliff,If I may answer that one;Name of the page you'r looking for is LAT REV page.You have probably used this page already to enter a SID, by selecting the Left LSK at the departure airport.Selecting a Left LSK at an en-route waypoint will include the Airway option.Ref: FMS manual FMS.10.14Regards,Harry

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks Harry. I know the LAT REV page.Regards............Cliff

I often do that... especially at work when I'm away from the sim and documentation... sorry about the mis-label.

Dan Downs KCRP