Sign in to follow this  
pilotwannabe

747FSX: CMD Mode Engaged but No PFD Mode Annunciations

In flight with both the FD and the A/P disengaged, if only the A/P is engaged by pushing one of the CMD buttons, the A/P engages as it should, but the pitch and roll mode annunciations on the PFD remain blank. The mode annunciations only appear if the FD is also turned on, and go blank if the FD is turned OFF, even though the A/P is engaged.If this is a potential bug (the one that got away), then I'd like to bring it to the attention of the PMDG team. If this is indeed how it is on the real thing, please set me straight. Thanks!Rushad

Michael,Thanks for the response, but I think it is a persisting bug.After I posted the message, I did a bit of research. Turns out that back in Dec. 2005, I had posted what I thought were some AFDS issues, this being one of them. At that time too, you were one of two people kind enough to reply and had directed me to posts by Janov, a RW pilot. In a post also from Dec. 2005, Janov had pointed ot exactly the same issue, quote "When flying with autopilot engaged, but FD off, all FMA

Hi, this seems to be a bug. On the 737 the FMA Displays are there without F/D. Is it possible to fix this after the FS9 MD-11 is released? Jan-Paul

Rushad,You may in fact be right and it is indeed a bug however I wouldn't call it "major flaw" for the simple reason that no sane pilot would want to fly with FD off, most likely no operator would permit such a thing. So in my vocabulary it is rather a mere 'technicality'. I also would not have high hopes for new updates - they said multiple times in no uncertain terms that they had closed the chapter on this particular product.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg