Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

Multi Monitor Support

Hey guys, FSX SP1 and SP2 Vista 32Bit SP1 and "Allow Multi-Monitor" tab checked in PMDG options. I fly in 2d with my Lower overhead Panel (Lights) FMC Radio Stack and 2nd EICAS page on my second monitor. Now every time I click a new synoptic button, ie Status, Air, Fuel etc, either the radio stack will close or the lower overhead will close, why does this occur? Thanks Angelo Cosma

Is there a ReadMe.txt?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ok,I will give a copy of mine: I probably copied from the "original" post he did!PanelPosition-Readme.txtHello....................................................Vaughan's Note:I download "Panel Position" here :http://www.casawave.fr/upload/fsx/Panel_Position.zip....................................................I've made a little software to save and recall the panels' position and size.It works when you use Fsx in Windowed mode and with undocked panels, and should help the users with multiple monitors.How it works :There are two applications, one for saving the position/size and another one to recall it. It saves one panels setup per aircraft.Download "Panel Position" here :http://www.casawave.fr/upload/fsx/Panel_Position.zip- Unzip it in a folder- Open Fsx in windowed mode- Open the panels you need, undocked them, and place/resize them the way you want.- Launch "Panel Store.exe" and wait a few (2 to 5 secondes)Move, resize the panels or load/create a flight.- Open the panels you need (undocked)- Launch "Panel Restore.exe"The size and the positions of your panels will be recalled.More details :When you execute "Panel Store.exe", it scans all the open windows, keep only the panels, and store their name, size and position in a .ini file. The .ini file name should be the aircraft name but I noticed it could be different with some addons.When you execute "Panel Restore.exe", it search the aircraft name, scan for the .ini file that match and move/resize the panels if they are opened and undocked (otherwise the software can't do anything).When you launch "Panel Store.exe", and if a corresponding .ini file is already created, it will delete it and create a new one.Tips :Create a shortcut for the two .exe, and assign a free keyboard shortcut.For example : Ctrl+Alt+F11 to save and Ctrl+Alt+F12 to restore.All comments are welcome.BestSt

Best Regards,

Ok I think we have a miss-understanding. My problem is when I am flying and have already configured my set-up. For example, I'm flying along with my Main 2D panel on Monitor 1, and my FMC, Radio stack, Lower Overhead and, Eicas on Monitor 2. Lets say I want to open the throttles 2D to set the Auto brake or Arm the spoilers, as soon as I open that 2D panel my radio stack, or eicas or lower overhead will automatically close, and I have to re-open it. That's my problem, and that's what I want to fix.Angelo Cosma

Yes, I know.In FS9 monitor 2 worked great.In FSX I had various problems, including size and clicking.Cannot remember all problems ... but I do remember that Panel position fixed it all.No harm to give it a try.Who knows, maybe it will not work at all with PMDG .. I cannot test it because I had to dismount FSX.Might want to search the FSX avsim forum for more info on Panel Position Saver.Note: It is also possible I do not understand your exact problem with monitor #2.I had my monitor #2 items "locked" on #2.And everything on #2 was clickable.

Best Regards,

I forgot to ask initially.Are you setting this monitor #2 up now for the first time or was it working properly and just now "stop" working ... as in a recent failure?

Best Regards,

Ok,I never use full screen, sucessfully with 2 monitors. I gave UP on trying!I just have had it all working great with both monitors in "windowed" mode and using PanelPositionSaver for monitor 2 with FSX.I cannot advise otherwise.I also use WINXP ...do not know if VISTA causes any problems .. would not think so.

Best Regards,

Angelo,This shouldn't happen if you have the "Do not close windows automatically" box checked in the PMDG options menu. Are you sure it is checked? There is an issue that can happen sometimes with Vista users, that will prevent the selected options on the PMDG menu to be saved. Check the relevant pinned topic.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg